Trusted Contributor

Re: Neck, Throat, Chest Cream...Necessary?

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Ainhisg wrote:

I use .1% Retin A twice a week on my neck and chest.  One night a week I use a 14% AHA serum.  The other 4 nights I use the Gold Bond Neck and Chest cream.  And every day no matter what...sunscreen on my neck and chest!  This routine works really well, and my neck shows very little age at all at almost 56.  I also use my NuFace device on it 3 times a week.

That's kind of what I do. Only I use .05% tretinoin every other night, a 5% glycolic acid pad applied every other night (no rinse) and I use the Tria Age-Defying Laser on my neck and dec every night. I use the Gold bond during the daytime under my sunscreen everyday. 

When I retire, I will probably look into the Tria laser. I also use/ alternate .05 tretinoin which is the backbone of my skincare, a 10% glycolic pad; sunscreen every day. I go on spurts of using my nuface or facemaster, but work a lot of hours so don't use it as often as I should. I also have a LED light which gives quick results and recently added SilleeMee's bamboo extract into my routine. Overall, other than eye serum, I take what I wear on my face onto my neck. The only caveat with that, is I have to be careful not to irritate my neck with combining too much acid and retin A.
Do the math.
Honored Contributor

Although I do not have wrinkles or sagging on my neck, I have vertical neck bands (platysmal bands) and they are from aging. I'm 63yo and it is to be expected. From what I have read about them is that they can only be reduced in appearance by either Botox or surgery, neither of which I am about to do.

Honored Contributor

No.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

Honored Contributor

I always use my body moisturizer on my chest, I go right up to my neck.  I use my facial moisturizer on my face and my neck.  i've always used moisturizers and I've always protected my skin from the sun so at 58, I don't have a that problem.   

Respected Contributor

For years I used J&J Aloe Vera gel on my chest as soon as I got out of the shower. Then when all the neck and dec creams came out I bought them. I do think you need a thicker cream on your chest Im 53 and my chest and neck have no lines or wrinkles.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Esteemed Contributor

In the past, I always smoothed my facial moisturizer on my neck too. About a year ago I started noticing horizontal wrinkles on my lower neck. I bought Gold Bond Neck/Chest Firming Cream and started using it right away - not expecting much though. I was so pleasantly surprised at the difference it made within a very short time. It's a great product and I've been using it ever since, every day. BTW - I'm 70 and would definitely recommend a product formulated for the neck area.

Trusted Contributor

Oh my goodness!  I'm feeling nearly defeated before I begin.  When I asked about neck and/or chest cream, I had no idea there were serums and retinol and other treatments women regular use on their neck and chest!  The only things I've ever used on my face are a moisturizer and eye cream!  

Perhaps I'm at the point of no return and the damage has already been done. Thank all of you for your opinions, suggestions and skincare routines, I don't know what if anything I'll do at this point, but I will keep all of your helpful information.

Respected Contributor

I use Josie body butter on my neck and décolleté also.
Honored Contributor

@Quinny wrote:

Good Saturday Morning,

I have noticed the skin around the base of my neck and all over my chest is showing signs of aging.  I haven't paid much attention to that area before, I just use my intensive body moisturizer every day after showering.  I was surprised when I noticed the aging.

Do you use or suggest a separate neck, throat and/or chest cream?  I've seen them offered in several skincare lines and thought they were mostly "frivolous". Now I'm wondering.  Any thoughts?  Any recommendations?  

Thanks!

Hi @Quinny. I use the same serums, moisturizers and Retin A that I use on my face also on neck, chest and hands. I don’t really think you need separate creams although in the last few years, I did add Bare Minerals Ageless Genius Neck Cream...sold in duos at Q. Don’t expect the firming & lifting or the hype. The only thing I’m seeing is more moisture and maybe because of that, a slight change in texture.