Trusted Contributor

@stb13 wrote:
Hello ladies - just looking for some recommendations on natural deodorants. Unfortunately, conventional deodorants have been causing me issues. I've even tried Dove for sensitive skin and that worked for a short time, but like all the others ended up causing redness, itching and irritation. The minute I stop using any type of conventional deodorant the issues stop. Thankfully, I don't sweat a lot at all and have just been using gold bond powder without issue. I'd still like to try some natural deodorants and see the results. Thanks in advance for your help.

@stb13   I am using Lume (pronounced Lumey) and does it work! It can be used used on ANY stinky parts like feet, not just for underarms. Their ads are funny, too. It controls odor so well that I can do my 4mile walks and sweat, but no odor. Lume comes in a variety of scents which are subtle and go away after a few minutes after application.

Good luck on your hunt!

Honored Contributor

@stb13 I have been using a crystal deodorant for over 25 years and it works better than anything for me.  When I first started using it I was skeptical that it would control the sweat and any smell but it sure did.  There is no residue whatsoever.  

Honored Contributor

@stb13 

A friend of mine tried "natural" deodorants at one time and had irritation with them, which was the same as conventional ones.  No difference.

Unless you have no trouble with whatever you try next, perhaps more investigating is in order.  Google something like "ingredients that cause irritation in deodorants" and see if you can identify a common demoninator ingredient in previous irritating formulas.   Just to cover all the bases.

Respected Contributor

I have used Crystal natural deodorant (you wet it and apply) for over 27 years, no irritation, no chemicals, anda it works as well or better than traditional deodorants.

It's readily available at Walgreen's and even my grocery store in the deodorant section.

Super Contributor

@stb13 wrote:
Hello ladies - just looking for some recommendations on natural deodorants. Unfortunately, conventional deodorants have been causing me issues. I've even tried Dove for sensitive skin and that worked for a short time, but like all the others ended up causing redness, itching and irritation. The minute I stop using any type of conventional deodorant the issues stop. Thankfully, I don't sweat a lot at all and have just been using gold bond powder without issue. I'd still like to try some natural deodorants and see the results. Thanks in advance for your help.

I really like Beekman 1802's deodorant duo.........

Respected Contributor

I have tried Native and I like it, when I can find their unscented version.  I also have tried a few Young Living deodorants and like them a lot.  After reading about Lume here I am going to look for that!

Honored Contributor

Suave has a natural one now, very inexpensive, I like it. 

Honored Contributor

I've used La Vanilla and liked it.  I can get Jason's at the supermarket which is handier.  My husband likes that brand also.  And I use Suzanne Organics (spray) and really like that as I can spray it on the whole area-- before I put on a bra.

Valued Contributor

I tried so many of them and had irritation.  The one I use faithfully now is The Crystal.  I love it!  No white residue, it feels like nothing on your skin, no scents, and it works very well.  It's about $8-10, but it will last over a year.  

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Thanks for all the recommendations!