Frequent Contributor
Hello ladies - just looking for some recommendations on natural deodorants. Unfortunately, conventional deodorants have been causing me issues. I've even tried Dove for sensitive skin and that worked for a short time, but like all the others ended up causing redness, itching and irritation. The minute I stop using any type of conventional deodorant the issues stop. Thankfully, I don't sweat a lot at all and have just been using gold bond powder without issue. I'd still like to try some natural deodorants and see the results. Thanks in advance for your help.
Honored Contributor

Re: Natural deodorants

[ Edited ]

I know a few people who have issues with natural deodorants causing them redness and irritation.  Not sure what the ingredient is causing that.

I am not a natural deodorant fan because while I'm not an excessive sweater, I do get some wetness under my arms.  I cannot stand that feeling and obviously a natural deodorant doesn't get rid of that, it's only for odor.

I do own and had no problem with Tom's.  It does a good job preventing any odor and the scent of the product was nice but not overwhelming.  However, I still get that wet under the arms feeling which stops me from using this on a regular basis. 

Esteemed Contributor

@stb13  During radiation treatment several years ago I used Tom's of Maine deodorant as you cannot use any with aluminum in them, which most contain.    It worked well for me and didn't cause any skin issues on top of what I already had with the treamtent.

Respected Contributor

I like the one from Goat Milk Stuff.  They have 2 versions, 1 with baking soda & 1 without.  The one with baking soda caused a rash, so I use the one without.  Many scents available.  

Honored Contributor

My mom decided to grow parsley as a natural deodorant.   We ate tons of it......and our sweat turned green and stained our underwear......

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@stb13 

I also use Tom's (apricot), but I know that there are some who have had good results using the crystal deodorant or making their own with coconut oil.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Natural deodorants

[ Edited ]

The dermatologist recommended Native and Vanicream.  If I didn't like either of those, she suggested the Dove deodorant that you already tried.  

Respected Contributor

I've used Native and Schmidt's.  I do sweat so I don't like them much.  The Schmidt's has a nicer fragrance in my opinion.  It does better with odor (i think it has baking soda in it as the 'active' ingredient)  I still fall back to either secret or degree though.

Frequent Contributor
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I actually have a sample of Tom's I received in a beauty box a while ago I forgot I had, so I'll try that. I ordered a coconut oil one from Kopari also. Cross your fingers!! Thanks again for all the feedback, I truly appreciate it.
Frequent Contributor