Valued Contributor

Re: Natural and cruelty free lip balm that does not chap lips...

Kuumba Made.  

Contributor

Thanks,ladies, for all of your suggestions...

Many choices...

Have not heard of a lot of them but so nice to see many CF companies....

Will be checking them out...

Esteemed Contributor

I love "Moroccan Magic" Argon & Essential Oil Lip Balm, certified organic, and reasonably priced at Walgreens. It's the best I've ever used - never sticky and leaves my lips soft and hydrated.

Honored Contributor

Re: @Re: Natural and cruelty free lip balm that does not chap lips...

[ Edited ]

@Bridgegal   I do not search out companies to see if they are CF before purchasing.  I take the company's word.  I will continue to buy from Fresh because I have encountered the most beautiful Eau de Parfums in a long, long time.  But thanks for the incorrect information.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Re: @Re: Natural and cruelty free lip balm that does not chap lips...

@Bridgegal  I am not sure where you get your information about a company NOT being CF.  Fresh is CRUELTY-FREE and you can read about it on their website under FQA.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@riley1  @Neversaynever3dogs  Fresh is cruelty-free and it is discussed on their website under FQA.  I am not sure where you receive your information but you should be able to trust the company and it's policies.

kindness is strength
Super Contributor

@Neversaynever3dogs   try Farmacy lip balm through Sephora; natural bees wax as the base. Plus, Sephora has a generous return policy. Runs about 10 bucks. Clean beauty winner.

Respected Contributor

I use and love Okeefes lip balm...my lips get dry and chapped...but O'keefe's has been a total cure. I apply every night and wake up with soft, moisturized lips!! I use the one in twist up stick.
Beeswax is high on the ingredients, a must!!
O'keefes is Much much better than Burts Bees, and Beekman...and many more I have tried.
Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1 - Here is what Cruelty Free Kitty said about Fresh:

This means that this brand tests on animals or finances animal testing. Some brands that fall under this category test on animals where required by law, which means they're not cruelty-free.

Sorry, but imho, this makes the brand not CF. 

Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 

From the Fresh website:

Our products are made in Europe and USA, and for imported cosmetics the Chinese health authorities require companies to make their products available to the authorities to be tested in state-certified laboratories for registration purposes only, as it is currently their only recognized method to demonstrate product safety. These tests are not carried out by us, but by the Chinese authorities.

So, bottom line is because they sell in China, the Chinese gov't conducts tests on animals of Fresh products.  I don't support ANY testing on animals for cosmetics anywhere for any reason.  There are hundreds of excellent products world wide that no testing at all is done for me to choose from.   But, that's up to you.