Valued Contributor
Has anyone tried this? I’ve been using dr Denese hydroshield in the fall/winter but have run out.
Respected Contributor

i was looking at this as well. at least the price is not off the rails

Respected Contributor

I'm interested, too.  Price is right.  I have never tried any of his products, but wonder if I should give this a try on my very dry skin, especially with fall & winter coming (I hope - lol).

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Respected Contributor

I tried it and did not like it. It's very slippery and oily. Took a long time to absorb, and maybe never did. I returned it.  I would think it's not good for someone with combo or oily skin. Personally I'm on the dryer side and even I could not take it. It's nothing like the Dr. Denese hydroshield.  I also felt that one took a while to absorb but at least it was a serum texture and finally did sink into the skin.

Respected Contributor

Thank You - I have used Hydrosheild for years.  It starts out like an oil slick, but absorbs/dries down quickly.  If this Nassif stuff takes forever to dry down, perhaps this is not for me.  The greasy feel for a long length of time will drive me crazy.  I hate that feeling on my face.

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Honored Contributor

Re: Nassif hydro screen?

[ Edited ]

I just looked at the list of ingredients and to me that product seems to be a silicone-filled serum with a bit of vitamin E, hyaluronic acid and an oil-base form of vitamin C...none of which are given as percentages. So I can just assume it's just a good moisturizer and nothing more.

ETA- It does contain some retinoids but not given as a percentage so I would venture to say the amounts might be small and clinically insignificant.

Valued Contributor

Re: Nassif hydro screen?

[ Edited ]

Thanks @SilleeMee . After looking at the ingredients I’ll stick with dr denese. The three piece hydroshield kit isn’t a bad price.

Respected Contributor

While flipping channels I happened to see some before and after pics for one of his products.  Absolutely no difference! 

Esteemed Contributor

I have never tried his products but I am leery of any plastic surgeon sellling mass produced skin care products. I use Clinique and Philosophy and LOVE them, but I am willing to give Dr. Denese a try after reading this thread.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖