Honored Contributor

Re: Nassif MD Hydro-Screen Supersize Hydrating Serum

[ Edited ]

@Icegoddess 

Did you notice the serum also contains bakuchiol which is a retinol alternative? It's more stable than most retinols. Also the serum contains a very stable form of vitamin C, THD ascorbate which is a highly stable oil form of the vitamin and it works at very low concentrations. Those two ingredients impress me.

Nassif's ingredients:

Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclotetrasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Dimethicone, Caprylyl Methicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Ethylhexyl Cocoate, Tocopherol, Soybean (Glycine Soja) Oil, Retinol, Dimethylmethoxy Chromanol, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Butylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Fragrance, Bakuchiol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Bisabolol, Tocotrienols (Tocomin), Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil, BHT, Lecithin, Phenyl Trimethicone, Caprylyl Glycol, Glycosphingolipids, Ceramide NP

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Icegoddess 

Did you notice the serum also contains bakuchiol which is a retinol alternative? It's more stable than most retinols. Also the serum contains a very stable form of vitamin C, THD ascorbate which is a highly stable oil form of the vitamin and it works at very low concentrations.

Nassif's ingredients:

Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclotetrasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Dimethicone, Caprylyl Methicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Ethylhexyl Cocoate, Tocopherol, Soybean (Glycine Soja) Oil, Retinol, Dimethylmethoxy Chromanol, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Butylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Fragrance, Bakuchiol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Bisabolol, Tocotrienols (Tocomin), Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil, BHT, Lecithin, Phenyl Trimethicone, Caprylyl Glycol, Glycosphingolipids, Ceramide NP

Yeah, but look how far down on the ingredient list it is. Guess he figured, 'a little dab'll do ya!'

Honored Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Icegoddess 

Did you notice the serum also contains bakuchiol which is a retinol alternative? It's more stable than most retinols. Also the serum contains a very stable form of vitamin C, THD ascorbate which is a highly stable oil form of the vitamin and it works at very low concentrations.

Nassif's ingredients:

Yeah, but look how far down on the ingredient list it is. Guess he figured, 'a little dab'll do ya!'

@SilleeMee , I keep a database of cosmetic ingredients that I build on whenever I get new products, but I have to look at each one individually, so I'll have to add his ingredient deck to my product database and look at it.

@Judaline , just because an ingredient is near the bottom of the ingredient deck does not mean it is not effective in the formulation.  Many times, these ingredients are meant to be used in very low concentrations.  

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Judaline wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Icegoddess 

Nassif's ingredients:

@SilleeMee , I keep a database of cosmetic ingredients that I build on whenever I get new products, but I have to look at each one individually, so I'll have to add his ingredient deck to my product database and look at it.

@Judaline , just because an ingredient is near the bottom of the ingredient deck does not mean it is not effective in the formulation.  Many times, these ingredients are meant to be used in very low concentrations.  

Right, but as you know many companies just  add a tidbit to the formula just so they can put in on the ingredient list. I don't know why I'm talking about this so much. I wouldn't touch it with a 10ft. pole. There are so many good (and I mean good) products out there I would rather concentrate on them. I'm doing the best I can, lol. I enjoyed reading all of your opinions. @Icegoddess  I like your pics on the fashion 

thread!

Honored Contributor

@Judaline , I agree about using tiny amounts just to say it's in the product.  That's what I was talking about when I was mentioning silicones in hair products.  Thanks for the compliment on my pics.

Honored Contributor

Some ingredients are synergistic, meaning combined ingredients work better together than each alone. In this case that would the bakuchiol where it enhances the retinol's effects. It can be more complicated than one may think when it comes to lists of ingredients and how each component may react with the other components.

Trusted Contributor

I have been tempted by this serum for a long time.  Cant wait to read your reviews ladies!

Honored Contributor

Apparently they didn't sell out of it  Maybe they just sold out of the AutoShip.  I just saw them showing it for $72 right before Colleen's TSV presentation.

Honored Contributor

Mine just shipped. Wow that was fast!

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Mine just shipped. Wow that was fast!

I just checked my internet E-mail and mine shipped today too.