Honored Contributor

Re: Nars orgsm vs Laura Geller Pink Grapefruit?

@Quinny wrote:

@Hetshepshut wrote:

@Reever wrote:

Companies today need to be reprimanded for their use of language. I would be embarrased sending a teenage daughter out shopping.   Orgasm ?!?  

Josie Maran has a product called "Skin Dope" that is suggestive of drug use and abuse. 

I personally boycott such products regardless of their effectiveness.  Where have the morals gone in this country ?  Could you imagine such a thing in the 1950s?

Didn't women have orgasms in the 1950s?

@Hetshepshut I'm going to assume that's a rhetorical question and I'm also going to assume you understood precisely the point being made by @Reever. Women are disgracefully objectified in all areas of our lives and I'm assuming you're well aware of that fact. The cosmetic industry actively participates in dehumanizing women by assigning names like Orgasm, Strip Tease, Sex, G-Spot, Sex Machine and ****** Galore to their cosmetic products. What are we saying to our daughters and granddaughters when we continue to purchase a G-Spot blush stick? And...that is not a rhetorical question.      

@Quinny 

Let's be honest.  Women are active participants.  They buy this stuff.  They were told to ease up on their standards in exchange for liberation and empowerment.

We were sold a bill of goods.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

I love Nars O and have used for years.  I tried the Elf brand as they had a perfect dupe.  It has since been discontinued, probably because it was a perfect match.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

I love Nars O and have used for years.  I tried the Elf brand as they had a perfect dupe.  It has since been discontinued, probably because it was a perfect match.  

@Sunshine Kate 

Was that Candid Coral or Twinkle Pink?

Milani has a couple that are supposed to be close: Dolce Pink and Luminoso.

I did try wet n wild's Pearlescent Pink and thought it was a very pretty color but a bit too heavy on the metallic shimmer (glitter, really).

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

@Sunshine Kate 

Was that Candid Coral or Twinkle Pink?

Milani has a couple that are supposed to be close: Dolce Pink and Luminoso.

I did try wet n wild's Pearlescent Pink and thought it was a very pretty color but a bit too heavy on the metallic shimmer (glitter, really).

@just bee 

Those two names don't sound familiar.  

I'll have to try the two Milani makes above.  Thanks