Honored Contributor

Re: Nars orgsm vs Laura Geller Pink Grapefruit?

Laura's Pink Grapefruit is my everyday blush.

Little bit of pink, little bit of peach.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@Mrsq2022 - I have both. I was using Nars O all of the time at one time. Then a makeup artist from another store recommended Cargo's The Big Easy since I had coloring like hers. They didn't sell it, so I went to Sephora. A few years later I found Pink Grapefruit - the FIRST thing I saw on QVC! I've been in love with it ever since. The Cargo had more peach in it that the Nars O did, which was pinkier on me. But Pink Grapefruit had more pigment and showed up better on me. I have fair to light skin and I'm warm complected. Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

@Reever wrote:

Companies today need to be reprimanded for their use of language. I would be embarrased sending a teenage daughter out shopping.   Orgasm ?!?  

Josie Maran has a product called "Skin Dope" that is suggestive of drug use and abuse. 

I personally boycott such products regardless of their effectiveness.  Where have the morals gone in this country ?  Could you imagine such a thing in the 1950s?

Didn't women have orgasms in the 1950s?

Honored Contributor

@Hetshepshut wrote:

@Reever wrote:

Companies today need to be reprimanded for their use of language. I would be embarrased sending a teenage daughter out shopping.   Orgasm ?!?  

Josie Maran has a product called "Skin Dope" that is suggestive of drug use and abuse. 

I personally boycott such products regardless of their effectiveness.  Where have the morals gone in this country ?  Could you imagine such a thing in the 1950s?

@Hetshepshut   Born in 1948, but assume "yes".

Honored Contributor

@Mrsq2022 

I bought an LG baked blush palette years ago and it lasted a decade.  When I finally finished it I invested in a full-size Pink Grapefruit.  Ulta was clearing out its LG products and I think I paid $16 for it.

I expect it will outlive me.  

Seriously, her blushes last a very long time.  

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Super Contributor

I want to add that LG Tropic Hues blush is close to NARS Orgsm blush.
Valued Contributor

Yes agree tropic hues is closer. Pink grapefruit goes muddy on me, on me it’s a lot darker and warmer than what I would expect by looking at the dome, but it looks great on tanned skin. I find that nars orgasm applies “pinker” on my skin than what I would assume by looking in the pan.
Honored Contributor

I got Nars Orgasm as a sample in one of the many subscriptions I've had over the years.  What a disappointment, I ended up pitching it.  Way too metallicy for me.  I remember thinking "just what is all the fuss about?"  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

A few years back I purchased Laura G. blush.  It was absolutely horrible.  When I placed the brush on the blush the powder went flying in the air everywhere.  I returned it and never purchased blush from her again.  As far as Nars O blush.  Nars blush is actually a premium blush.  Powder is NOT flying everywhere like Laura G.  I can say that is one brand of blush (Nars) that is worth the money.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

@Hetshepshut wrote:

@Reever wrote:

@Hetshepshut I'm going to assume that's a rhetorical question and I'm also going to assume you understood precisely the point being made by @Reever. Women are disgracefully objectified in all areas of our lives and I'm assuming you're well aware of that fact. The cosmetic industry actively participates in dehumanizing women by assigning names like Orgasm, Strip Tease, Sex, G-Spot, Sex Machine and ****** Galore to their cosmetic products. What are we saying to our daughters and granddaughters when we continue to purchase a G-Spot blush stick? And...that is not a rhetorical question.