Contributor

Nars Sheer Glow foundation.....

Anyone ever try this? I'm thinking about getting it.
Super Contributor

Re: Nars Sheer Glow foundation.....

Yes, I own this one as well as the matte version.

I own quite a few foundations, kind of my thing. I like the NARS Sheer Glow very much. The name, however, is misleading. It is not sheer and it does not leave a glow. It is light to medium coverage, very buildable, and it leaves a natural or satin finish. If you are near a Sephora or Nordstrom, ask for a sample and they will make one up for you.

I'm NC30-35 in MAC and wear Punjab in NARS Sheer Glow, if that helps!

Beauty blogger and YTer who loves it all! Cheers, Lulu Bea aka Lulu On Beauty - Let's be FACEBOOK beauty friends!
Trusted Contributor

Yes I own this and love it! I too am a bit of a foundation nut, but this one I have and it was a repeat purchase too. It is just as the previous poster describes but I will add that it is long wearing, non-transferable and just has a beautiful finish. I especially like to wear this when I know I will be photographed because it does not have an SPF and that is the trick to photographing well, not translucent powders like some believe.

I am a warm medium (light olive, yellow-undertones) and wear Stromboli. It is a perfect match.

Valued Contributor

I tried a sample of this and it was not for me. It was sheer, but too sheer for me as I like some coverage. It did not leave a glow. It looked almost matte on my skin and felt drying. I'm into foundations but this wasn't a good choice for me.

Esteemed Contributor

I like most of Nars makeup, but his foundations are not on that list. They don't seem to agree with my skin. The ones I've tried may start out ok, but never pass the full wear test. Color changing, and feeling too slick or to dry are the issues I've experienced.

Honored Contributor

I have not tried it but consider getting a sample of Laura Mercier's Fluide foundation. It's her newest one. Like a second skin so check it out.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

On 1/8/2015 KatCat1 said:

I have not tried it but consider getting a sample of Laura Mercier's Fluide foundation. It's her newest one. Like a second skin so check it out.

Smooth Finish Fluide is my current favorite foundation. Laura has exceeded every expectation I had with this one. It is quite sheer, but will cover all but the most serious spots and marks we like to conceal. The finish is like god-given perfection!

Valued Contributor

On 1/8/2015 Trix said:
On 1/8/2015 KatCat1 said:

Smooth Finish Fluide is my current favorite foundation. Laura has exceeded every expectation I had with this one. It is quite sheer, but will cover all but the most serious spots and marks we like to conceal. The finish is like god-given perfection!

This is my current favorite too. It looks so natural but covers what I need covered. I even found a great color match for my tan/olive complexion which is very rare. I am very impressed with this one.