Honored Contributor

Nars O blush and Laguna bronzer

This morning was the first morning that I felt like putting on make since I had to put my kitty down on the 27th and then getting sick right after.  So tried something new.

I put on the L'Oreal GlumiLotion in light, L'Oreal Serum Foundation (can't remember the shade) on top and it looked great.  Got this idea from Emily Noel.  Used a light hand with some setting powder.

Then I tried some new products - NARS Org*sm blush and Laguna bronzer.  Oh my word!  I love them!  I had seen the O blush in Ulta but never tried it on because I thought it looked too sparkly.  It doesn't go on that way - at least not on me.  The Laguna bronzer I had heard and read good things about.  I am loving these two together.  These two will give some serious competition to the blushes and bronzers that I already have.

The other new product I tried - thanks to Emily Noel's influence - was a NYX eye pencil called N*de Haze.  It is the perfect soft brown eyeliner for lower lash line.  I am so happy I purchased it.  Actually like it better than the UD Bourbon.

The other makeup - brow, upper lash waterline, mascara, & lipstick were all products I already have.

Was so nice feeling good enough to want to put makeup on again.

Honored Contributor

Re: Nars O blush and Laguna bronzer

@JudyL   I'm sure you look beautiful (O is a staple in my limited make-up arsenal and thanks for the NYX pencil tip).  Healing from losing our precious pets is a long journey.  I'm sure your kitty will always be in your heart and would want you to continue taking good care of yourself.  Much love and wishes for a continued exploration of beauty products to help assuage this devastating loss.😘

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@JudyL   I'm sure you look beautiful (O is a staple in my limited make-up arsenal and thanks for the NYX pencil tip).  Healing from losing our precious pets is a long journey.  I'm sure your kitty will always be in your heart and would want you to continue taking good care of yourself.  Much love and wishes for a continued exploration of beauty products to help assuage this devastating loss.😘

@phoenixbrd - thank you for your sweet comments.  They truly touched my heart.  It is a journey but I'm doing ok and maybe at some point in the future, I'll feel like having a new family member.  

Super Contributor

Thanks for reminding and inspiring me to dig out an O blush I've been saving to use after I finished my current stash. Will have to look into the Glumilotion.

It takes time to heal after losing our fur babies.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Honored Contributor

💕

Honored Contributor

@JudyL 

THANK YOU SO MUCH for describing your look/products.  That is so uber helpful.  

I didn't realize you got sick after your kitty died Smiley Sad  I'm sorry but glad you're feeling better now.  My new "teenage" puppy is in the house, in the office with me right now.  I think I know how she ended up on the FM road with a chewed 2ft long rope.  She chewed it.  I have two leashes strung together.  She just chewed one of them in two (sigh).  

Honored Contributor

@JudyL 

Forgot...YES, the two NARS products, blush and bronzer, are classic and look great together!  I need to revisit that combo again.  I have my fall/winter MAC blush out to wear next time too.  

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@JudyL 

THANK YOU SO MUCH for describing your look/products.  That is so uber helpful.  

I didn't realize you got sick after your kitty died Smiley Sad  I'm sorry but glad you're feeling better now.  My new "teenage" puppy is in the house, in the office with me right now.  I think I know how she ended up on the FM road with a chewed 2ft long rope.  She chewed it.  I have two leashes strung together.  She just chewed one of them in two (sigh).  

@monicakm - I got really sick about 2 days after saying goodbye to my kitty and didn't feel like I had a "normal" day until yesterday.  Still being careful what I eat. - esp since this is my week to work in the office.  I really love the NARS Laguna bronzer, it's perfect for my light/medium cool skin tone.  The O blush and Laguna bronzer just may become my two go-to's.  Good luck with the new "teenager."  Don't let her near your makeup! 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I find the NARS O blush looks great on top of a powdered foundation. I would have to use more if I wore a liquid foundation. 

I've used the Laguna bronzer to darken up a powder foundation, when I purchased a too light shade for me. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom - I am so impressed with this blush and bronzer.  Checked how it all looked just after 6:00pm which is almost exactly 12 hours after putting it on and it all still looked great - foundation, blush, bronzer!