Contributor

Names of makeup products NOT made in China....Please!

Searching for brands of makeup products NOT made in China!

Honored Contributor

Re: Names of makeup products NOT made in China....Please!

[ Edited ]

@Holidaybug 

This is one of my favorite resources for cruelty free products, but if you google it there are many more.

https://www.crueltyfreekitty.com/list-of-cruelty-free-brands/

ETA: Thank you for caring!!Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

The problem with finding anything not made in China can be difficult b/c even if it says 'Made in the USA', for instance, that doesn't necessarily mean it doesn't contain some ingredients sourced from China. In other words, some ingredients can only be found in certain areas of the world and China happens to be a huge supplier of many kinds of ingredients and chemicals which go into manufacturing of a cosmetic product.

Valued Contributor

Hi 

The bes brands would be those that are cruelty free , since they do not allow animal testing of their products. I only use cruelty free brands. My favs are Thrive Causmetics, Chantecille ,Senna ,Pacifica and ColorScience . There are great sites Logical Harmony that are constantly updating the sites with different brands . Skin care Paulas Choice , Ceramedx and Inkey List .

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

The problem with finding anything not made in China can be difficult b/c even if it says 'Made in the USA', for instance, that doesn't necessarily mean it doesn't contain some ingredients sourced from China. In other words, some ingredients can only be found in certain areas of the world and China happens to be a huge supplier of many kinds of ingredients and chemicals which go into manufacturing of a cosmetic product.

@SilleeMee 

That's true, but the site listed above tells you if the company even uses ingredients in their products that are sourced from countries that DO animal testing.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

I look at it this way:    Half a billion Chinese women can't be wrong

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

That's good to know. @KingstonsMom 

Respected Contributor

Flower Beauty Color Cosmetics are made in USA.

This is from the Flower Beauty Website:

Cosmetic bags and cosmetic brushes are manufactured in China. Lift & Sculpt Contouring Palettes, Shimmer & Strobe Highlighting Palettes and Shimmer & Shade Eyeshadow Palettes are manufactured in Canada. All other FLOWER BEAUTY color cosmetics and fragrances are manufactured in the United States.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Desertdi wrote:

I look at it this way:    Half a billion Chinese women can't be wrong

That's a pretty ironic thing to say.....on many fronts.

3/4 of those "half a billion" Chinese women don't even wear meakeup, they're lucky to have edible food and running water.

Ever been to China? I have, It's deplorable in many respects.

Frequent Contributor

I use Jane Iredale, UNIKA, and Lily Lolo. They are not made in China.  UNIKA is from Australia and Lily Lolo is from England.  Both can be found here is the US.    I used to use Bobbi Brown and Chanel and loved their products but when I found out that they were not cruelty free, I switched.