Esteemed Contributor

Re: @NameAlreadyTaken How Are You My Dear?

Her fashion post was yesterday, just before she posted about her feet.  I am glad she went to the ER and hope she is better soon.  Lots of good wishes @Nonametoday !!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

I left a message for you in the first thread.  I hope you are okay.  If you are at the hospital you are in good hands.  Contact us when you can and take care.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@wonderfulworld wrote:

I have not seen the post in which the problem was stated but would just throw in that my hair gal started as a nail tech and said it is impossible for them to adequately clean those foot soak bowls. I am not sure what happened to the poster but I too wish her well.

Your stylist is correct.  There is usually not enough time between patrons to properly clean foot soak bowls and they hold bacteria. If you have a cut or nick in your skin or the tech cuts you, you can get some nasty stuff.  Same for finger nails.  Also you can get warts on your feet and fungus on your nails and skin.

Lots of things can go wrong and I have seen some pretty bad cases.  My podiatrist has also told me about some horror stories that did not end well.

Esteemed Contributor

I hope she is ok.  Her symptoms were so scary.  Shows the importance of this community of caring people.  Encouragement to seek medical help immediately hopefully saved a tragic situation.  No one should judge her, as I think so many people can get into problems where they just can’t think straight.  I think it’s wonderful she came here for advice.

Honored Contributor

Thanking you, everybody, for your sweet thoughts and prayers.

I did go to the emergency room where I spent a lot of time getting cultures and blood work of all kinds done.  The doctor I saw stated I had an infection but she needed to know if it was the dreaded strep that is so dangerous, and she did two blood cultures from two different areas.  They turned negative, so that was a good thing.  Nonetheless, she knew I had some kind of infection from what she was seeing.  I already had petechia and swelling to the knees. She gave me a shot of penicillin, a steroid and some diuretics to take.  I was afraid yesterday that I was seeing no change but this morning, the swelling and petehcia has gone down considerably.  I no longer have the pain at the site of ingrown toenail where the technician removed "the horn" from my ingrown toenail.  I don't know if that is the proper name but that is what she calls the thorny looking piece of toenail she removes.  

Doctor told me that probably happens to people with poor immune systems since it was not strep and that I should have a podiatrist do pedicures from now on and just get the shops to paint my toes and nothing else.  

Honored Contributor

Glad to see you're okay.  It sounded really bad.  I didn't know podiatrists even did pedicures.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Nonametoday , glad to read you are on the mend, hope you get well soon!  i don't think pedicure places are supposed to cut ingrown nails.  their bad.  i would go somewhere else, becaue they may be doing risky things w infectious customers.  i hope there are alternative places.

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG The world needs more thoughtful and delightful people like you.💚
@NameAlreadyTaken So happy you are on the mend because, well, we all know you have THE BEST and coolest screen name! Stay well...thinking of you. 🧡
Honored Contributor

@MarnieRez3 

You are too kind.

Image result for one stroke painting rose buds

Honored Contributor

Thank you all.  You are a very kind and considerate group of ladies.  Thank you for your inquiries, your concerns and those who pray.