Esteemed Contributor

Re: Name just one Non-QVC desert Island Beauty Product and why?

JasoinBoston can there really only be one desert island product.  If I were shipwrecked my hut would be equipped like Mrs. Howell and Ginger's on Gilligan's Island Woman Wink.

OK, keeping in the spirit of the thread, I would have to have Smith's Rosebud Salve.  I would have soft luscious lips, and push come to shove I could dab the balm on other dry spots. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

High-SPF waterproof sunscreen.

For protection against skin cancer.

New Contributor

If you have sensitive skin, try Avène. My skin is hypersensitive and I've been battling Rosacea for the last ten years. Nothing from the dermatologist has made a big diffference and I've tried every expensive brand out there in a desperate bid to rid my face of redness. The only line that works for me is Avène. 

I discovered it after reading that the blonde model for Chico's uses it for her sensitive skin. It's a French drugstore brand but you can buy it online from the derm store. Each product averages about $30.

I use it exclusively and my skin has never been so calm. I don't even bother with the dermatologist any more. She can't do anything for me that's any better than what I'm doing for myself.

The face wash, the toner, the moisturizer, the 50 spf sunscreen, the self-tanner and the 50 spf makeup compact....all fabulous. The only product I didn't like was the anti-redness concentrate. It made me break out on my nose but everything else is perfection. 

If I had to pick only one of the items, I would pick the sunscreen because my pale, redness-prone face hates the sun. 

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Vaseline Intesive care hand cream, without fragrance.

Trusted Contributor

@Butterfluff wrote:

If you have sensitive skin, try Avène. My skin is hypersensitive and I've been battling Rosacea for the last ten years. Nothing from the dermatologist has made a big diffference and I've tried every expensive brand out there in a desperate bid to rid my face of redness. The only line that works for me is Avène. 

I discovered it after reading that the blonde model for Chico's uses it for her sensitive skin. It's a French drugstore brand but you can buy it online from the derm store. Each product averages about $30.

I use it exclusively and my skin has never been so calm. I don't even bother with the dermatologist any more. She can't do anything for me that's any better than what I'm doing for myself.

The face wash, the toner, the moisturizer, the 50 spf sunscreen, the self-tanner and the 50 spf makeup compact....all fabulous. The only product I didn't like was the anti-redness concentrate. It made me break out on my nose but everything else is perfection. 

If I had to pick only one of the items, I would pick the sunscreen because my pale, redness-prone face hates the sun. 

Thanks for the suggestion!  I have never heard of Avène until now.  I just looked them up and the prices seem so reasonable too!! I will try them asap!! Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I wish pizza was considered a desert island beauty product........cause I wouldn't survive without it......

Regular Contributor

Surprisingly to me one product would be IT COSMETICS CC foundation. has antiaging serum,sunscreen and its moisturizing. Dont know what i would wash my face with but at least its protected.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Smiley Very Happy

Regular Contributor

oopsey I dont follow directions very well! non QVC??? hmmm probably my isomers one for face serum or RPUR.

Valued Contributor

Purity cleanser. This is the only stuff that removes all my makeup. But maybe it's the way I use it? I massage a pump of this from their jumbo 32oz. on my dry face over my makeup, even over my eyes. Then I add a few drops of water to make it more lathery (sp) and massage a little while more. Then I take a warm wet, wringed out wash clothe and wipe it all off. This is the only way and product that takes off every last bit of makeup off even the long wear type. Have been doing this for maybe 10 years. Been on auto ship from the Q the whole time. I have tried all sorts of other types and brands in the last decade but it isn't as effective so I stay on the auto delivery... I do use a lathering cleanser with my clairsonic afterwards to clean my oily face and my face is super clean and pores are cleansed! I recommend Estée Lauder's Perfectly clean multi-action cleansing gelée. It's also a great one as well.

Esteemed Contributor

Josie Marans lip and  cheek color stick