Trusted Contributor

Removed my acrulics and have been using, Nailtiques after Artificial Treatment Kit.

Where do I go next?

There's Formula 1

"           "            2

"            2 Plus

"            3

My nails are doing well, growing ---some are flexible and some are hard. Help!!!

Thanks,

Jamma

Trusted Contributor

I would carefully read the guidelines for each product on their website as a starting point.

Nails need to have flexibility. Particularly on the nails that are already hard, I personally would not recommend Nailtiques 2. Allowing your nails to become too hard/brittle can lead to breakage and peeling of the free edge, potentially even onycholisis (when the nail plate lifts from the nail bed).

Personally, unless your nails are overly soft, I'd go with applying a good quality nail oil multiple times per day. If you do use any type of hardener, follow the instrucitons given by the manufacturer. Since your nails are doing well, there's no reason to risk ending up with brittle nails that then have to grow out.

Here's info regarding the characteristics of healthy nails from an international nail expert..

http://www.schoonscientific.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/article-What-Do-We-Want-Nails-to-Be.pdf

Trusted Contributor

@juperier

Thanks for taking the time to help---I appreciate it.

Jamma

Honored Contributor

@Jamma      here is an old thread that describes all the different fomulas:  Nailtiques Has Five Formulas

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Trusted Contributor

@Tique

Thanks that was most helpful.

Jamma

Honored Contributor

I never cared for Nailtiques anything, not the best ingredients and gets thick in the bottle almost immediately, I swear by Sally Hansen Nail Growth Miracle, gold bottle, gold top. My nails are long ,strong and never been better.