Regular Contributor

I did do a mani using the dark base and topper I mentioned on some fingers. However, I applied the topper a bit too thickly. I didn't bother taking a picture.

Here's a collage of the polishes I've incorporated in mani's since last time. The topper mentioned is the one on the center left. A few of these polishes are thermal. Images for these are in "cold" state, so they appear quite different on the nails. The color shift for the shimmer and multichrome polishes aren't showing either. (For example, the Tonic in the lower right corner is loaded with a aqua shimmer. On my nails it comes across periwinkle much of the time.) I definitely need to learn more about lighting so I can get the colors a bit more accurate, plus show a bit of whatever special effects are present.

Nov Dec Collage.jpg

Regular Contributor

Ok, where is everyone? Hope you're all having a great new year.

Did anyone purchase anything during the Zoya 70% off sale? I bought large sizes of Remove+. Oylie (spray oil), SmartSpa scrub, SmartSpa masque, a lip therapy balm and the Gelie-Cure system /w full size lamp. Cost just under $85.00!

My goal is to get photos of at least some of the polishes I've worn the past month or so and post them in the next couple of days.

Valued Contributor

@juperier3  

Where IS Everyone?   

My nails are currently short and neat with one coat of Naitiques 2 Clear polish.  

I prefer low maintain neutral color polish.  

One of my favorites is  Sally Hansen  Debu-Tint #180.  *Candlelight*  shade.  

Keep Calm and Polish On,   CAT

Regular Contributor

@gacat123  I wish this thread was more active. I guess the total number of posts might be a bit intimidating to newcomers. But truth is I think someone can easily join in with the more recent posts. I like having the general chit chat in one thread.

My nails are fairly short also, roughly to the end of my fingertips. But our taste in polish is definitely quite different. Recently I've found myself purchasing and wearing more neutrals, but they still contain glitters and flakies and shimmer, so still a bit more maintenance than many in here would choose.

On the other hand, products today are SO much easier to work with and dry SO much faster. It's very easy for me to change polishes while I'm watching a tv show. Same with fixing a minor chip or two, assuming I'm not bored with what's on my nails. I seldom wore polish during my working years because of the time involved, Granted my application skills are much better now. But, oh, the drying time involved...and even if I thought it was dry, the sheet marks the next morning.

Valued Contributor

@juperier3  

I do appreciate the information we share on NPT <G>  

The Sally Hansen #180 Debu-Tint is a candlelight shimmer neutral. 

I gave my Aunt a bottle and she thought it was too sparkly. ??  

She likes Essie Ballet Slippers  (Queen Elizabeth's favorite!). 

I notice nails and manicures when out and about.  Some are nice and some are not! 

Melania Trump often wears a light/white manicure that looks very nice.  

I do not care for this scary long pointy sharp look trend very much at all.  

DIY manicures works for me.  I was given my MIL gorgeous Wustoff manicure set and leather case when she passed away a few months ago.  I helped her pick it out online so it has sentimental meanings and memories.  

Keep Calm and Polish On,  

CAT

Regular Contributor

@gacat123   You no doubt could find many polishes in my collection that you would feel comfortable wearing. Plus more that would only slightly push your comfort zone. Your aunt would have a hard time tho.Cat TongueCat LOL But the vast majority of my polishes don't fit the "neutral" category. At this point in my life I only have to please myself, and I've always been fascinated by color. Yep, I want ALL the colors (and finishes).

I've never particulary noticed nails and manicures. At least not unless they're at the extreme, either a total mess or extremely well done. It bothers me to have chips if I'm going to be out in public. But at home I don't feel the need to drop everything. I'll just wait till I'm ready to change polishes, typically just before I go to bed.

A couple of relatively recent compliments that I remember are the Safeway delivery driver...because it was a fairly young guy. And a neighbor who caught me in the middle of the night in the laundry room of the apartment complex...loads of chips. I figured I wouldn't run into anyone and I'd get the laundry done before I changed polish.

There are a few nail techs on youtube who have and/or create gorgeous stilleto nails. Not for me tho. I'm not into nail enhancements and I would never be able to grow my natural nails that long even if I wanted to. Even if I could, I'm sure I would have lots of puncture wounds and scars before I got used to them. Then there's the pain when I jammed one into something and broke it off...  Nope, not for me!

I'm definitely a DIYer. Being the nerd that I am, I've learned a lot. It's scary the lack of knowledge that's out there. Plus it's the polishes that fascinate me. If it weren't for that, I'd just keep my nails neatly filed. It doesn't bother me to spend a small fortune on polish. But the actual manicure isn't important enough to me to spend money regularly at a salon.

I'm sorry for your loss. How special that you inherited your MIL's manicure set! I'm sure she's very happy that it went to someone who cherishes and uses it.

Respected Contributor

Thank you ladies for resurrecting this thread.  I've always enjoyed seeing others' manicures.  I admit I am a nail polish hoarder.Smiley Surprised

Presently I am wearing Chanel Terrana. (a pearly "plummy-brown" with multi-color shimmer) I haven't worn Chanel polish in years but a few months ago I purchased a few bottles from Zulily for a third of the retail price)

Respected Contributor

It's better if everyone includes photos. Descriptions of colors just aren't enough to draw people in.☺️💅🏻

Honored Contributor

@skyblue wrote:

It's better if everyone includes photos. Descriptions of colors just aren't enough to draw people in.☺️💅🏻

@skyblue 

I agree!  Here is one of my favorites.

30391D2C-7615-44CA-B632-A314635E64E5.jpeg

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@skyblue wrote:

@skyblue 

I agree!  Here is one of my favorites.

30391D2C-7615-44CA-B632-A314635E64E5.jpeg

@SurferWife 🏄‍♀️ Very cool!💅🏻😍