Regular Contributor

@lulu1  Every time you post, I tell myself that I need to take a photo of what I'm currently wearing and post it. Obviously, I'm been totally failing... (As far as why I haven't just grabbed an online photo, I very seldom wear anything that isn't an indie, so I would be sharing photos from bloggers. Random posting of images has been discussed several time in various FB groups. Bloggers have various feelings regarding this. Out of respect for those who prefer their images not be shared without permission, I decided a while back that I would only share my own images on here.)

Honored Contributor

My nails are dreadful.  I had an acrylic overlay over the top of my own nails.  The last time I was able to get my nails done was the day before the governor shut everything down back in March.  4 weeks after that, I removed the acrylic and was using Pink Armour over the top.  It is very much like that Perfect Formula sold on QVC.  However, true to form, it was okay for a week and then after that, anytime I applied it, it chipped off within a day or peeled off in one sheet.  My nails started to just rip to the point they became painful.

I ended up going to the drugstore and buying the KISS glue on nails that were a french manicure.  But the old school, 1990's, Carrie Heffernan (King of Queens) french manicure.  LOL  

They had some nice looking fake nails but I have tiny nail beds so I needed to buy the nails that had the most sizing options so these were it.  I went one day with them the way they were and then came home and cut them down.  Once I did that, the size of the white tip is perfect!  They look passable but of course not nearly as nice as if they were done professionally.

@lulu1,  I love, love the Zoya Presley.  That color is gorgeous.

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva 

I've been doing my own nails for awhile now. At the beginning of this crisis, I cut all of my nails down and applied Static Nails.   I have small nail beds too but they have a lot of sizes.  I loved them, even polished over them.  I used 2 sets over about 5 weeks.  Eventually my nails grew out but decided I preferred the ease and look of the Static Nails.  I went to ebay and bought cheaper versions in neutral.  I've been hooked since.  None of them have ever popped off! They are easy to cut and shape.

Respected Contributor

Latest manicure and pedicure is Orly Metallic Haze  (a metallic rose gold foil).  These are not my nails.

Honored Contributor

@lulu1, I'm normally more of a cream polish person but I kinda like that.  I'm having a real love affair with rose gold anything lately.

I have a nail appointment scheduled for Monday to have a full set of acrylics put back on.  When I made the appointment I told them I wanted the pink/white ombre done.  I love the look on others but I'll see how I like it on me. 

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@lulu1, I'm normally more of a cream polish person but I kinda like that.  I'm having a real love affair with rose gold anything lately.

I have a nail appointment scheduled for Monday to have a full set of acrylics put back on.  When I made the appointment I told them I wanted the pink/white ombre done.  I love the look on others but I'll see how I like it on me. 

I'm generally a cream person too.  I have so many bottles of polish I've never used so I've been changing every few days.  If I don't love it, I toss it.

Good luck with your nail appointment.  Who knows when they will open here.

Stay healthy!Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

I haven't posted in a long while. Figured it was time to take a couple of quick images to share. Yesterday I figured that since my mani was in good shape, I'd play around a bit and do the first nail stamping I've done in a long, long time. Then I decided to add a matte top coat (which doesn't really show up in the image). Then I did some housework, so excuse the tip wear. So here are the results:

test1.png

test2.JPG

Polishes Used:  JReine Radioactive Nom Nom and Maniology Delphi

I definitely need to learn how to better use my camera (Nikon D5600 that I recently purchased) and how to use GIMP (my photo editing program)...don't even want to admit how long it took to get images that I could upload...

Regular Contributor

Ok, where is everyone? I know at least some of you have been doing your own nails.

I haven't been taking photos of my manis for a while (need to start again!), so I'll just share an image of the polishes I'm currently selecting from.

July 2020.jpg

Honored Contributor

I had my nails done Tuesday evening.  Initially while picking a color, I chose something really neutral.  It was a white with a hint of peach.  As I sat at the station getting my nails done, the colors were all sitting there and I totally changed my mind.  I ended up going with DND Charming Cherry.  OMG I love it.  I think this is one of my absolute favorite polishes ever.  It's a pinky red and has a hint of shimmer to it.  I would say along the lines of a raspberry color.  

Hope this photo is okay.  It's the only decent photo I can find.  These are not my toes or nails.

See the source image 

Regular Contributor

Re: Nail polish threads.

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva   That is a reallhy pretty color!

I didn't end up wearing any of the colors above. Instead I went with Fair Maiden Mont Blanc from from the September 2019 For the Love of Polish box. If you Google "for the love of polish september 2019" you'll get links to multiple videos and blogs that reviewed the box and captured the polish WAY BETTER than I did in the image below.

0724201008_Burst01.jpg