Respected Contributor

288E6CC7-19CB-41A0-B9A2-F65CB5F45512.jpeg

Valued Contributor

@juperier3   and All, 

Nail Polish Threads has  been quiet lately.   Questions and Comments are Welcome!

DIY nail care is in order these days with most salons closed.  

I recently trimmed and filed my nails short, they tend to split and break if too long.      

I have had good results with Nailtiques Plus 2/Clear polish treatment.   

What is working or not working for you?  

Keep Calm and Polish On, 

CAT

Respected Contributor

I did another manicure with a fresh set a Static nails.(the ones that I removed I can use again)

I used Zoya Keira. ( a medium sandy taupe with a light copper shimmer running throughout)

Regular Contributor

@gacat123  There have been some separate threads. I need to go add a couple of more comments when I'm through responding here.

I agree, everyone is pretty much in DIY mode right now. I've been hoping to find some good videos to help people out. But the few that have been posted so far by the youtube nail techs I respect and follow have still been a bit incomplete or potentially misleading to the absolute beginner. From the other threads it's obvious that many don't know what's on their nails, thus making the safest removal method a potential guessing game. Plus details that are basic and obvious to someone who's been doing nails for years just aren't when you've never done it before.

My nails continue to be dry. brittle and (a couple of them) peel-y. But I have a nice free edge on all ten. What seems to help with the peeling (at least a little) is CND RescueRXX. I've also been experimenting with the Zoya Gelie-Cure. It does seem to help. But I'm not finding it to last all that long. Not that I really want it to. But 70% off made it too cheap not to at least try. I've finally reached level where I figured I could keep it off my skin. Plus, to be honest, I kind of wanted to see what ingredients they were using, which they don't show on their website. Interestingly enough, one of the main ingredients is one that has a higher potential for allergy development. Safe enough when skin contact is avoided and the product is properly cured. But it seems to me a lot of their potential customers lack the background knowledge, and possibly the application skill level, to minimize risk of at some point developing an allegry.

Respected Contributor

Latest manicure and pedicure Zoya Presley

Respected Contributor

I changed polish again.  I decided to do what another poster suggested and that is to try polish purchased and seldom, if ever, worn.

Zoya  Fern can best be described as a balanced sage with a beautiful warm pearl accent. 

Respected Contributor

Today it is Zoya Rumor. (they say a full coverage mauve taupe with subtle shimmer)

Respected Contributor

Today's fingers and toes are Deborah Lippmann Modern Love (a modern, classic mauve creme)

Respected Contributor
@lulu1 ... So pretty!
Respected Contributor

Today it's an OBG, Essie Jazz, a neutral putty