Valued Contributor

@juperier3   

Thank you for your kind observations and suggestions!  

I do have China Glaze Fairy Dust in my stash. 

I have the OPI CoCola Red and Georgia Visions Green (coke bottle green) which may work nicely for the holidays !! ??  

Today I put a coat of clear Nailtiques 2 on my short nails for starters.  <G>. 

Keep Calm and Polish On, 

CAT

Regular Contributor

@gacat123   Thank you! Sounds like you're good to go unless you simply need an excuse to buy more polish!

I successfullly used my "ninja fingers" and got everything I wanted from Polish Pickup when it opened this morning. I selected one polish to wear for Christmas...a white crellie with various sizes of red, green and gold glitter. I probably would have bought it just for the name..."Olive, The Other Reindeer."

I actually have a pretty decent amount of "free edge" on all ten fingernails. I can't recall the last time that was the case, at least not during a period where I wanted to wear polish. I always seem to have at least one nail that's peeling and/or broken off.

Valued Contributor

Zoya is having a half off sale today.

Respected Contributor

Re: Nail polish threads.

[ Edited ]

@juperier3you are right lol! I've always preferred shimmer or "pearl" polishes (🤔with the exception of a rather long time in my twenties when I liked "raisin red" shades).

I do, however, admire all finishes on others. The colors posted here are beautiful.

What worries you masters you.
Regular Contributor

@Moonlady   For most of my life I seldom wore nail polish. I do remember a brief period when I liked pearl polishes. And I recall having a few "unusual" color polishes (tame in comparison to most of the polishes I wear now) in my late teens that I don't think I ever actually wore. Now I've found that some of the polishes I like the most are colors that I thought would never look good on my. I'll pretty much try anything!

Honored Contributor

On my nails right now is the older OPI Lincoln Park After Dark.  I am due for a fill and can't wait. This polish just isn't my jam.  It dulled out and is noticeable because it's dark and it just looks black.  It wasn't what I wanted but when she pulled the bottle I did want, it was empty.  LOL

See the source image 

Valued Contributor

@juperier3   and  ALL, 

Tuesday night holiday party and I decided to glam up my short clear polish nails.  

OPI   Visions of Georgia Green (Coke Bottle Green with slight shimmer) on 8 nails. 

OPI  CocaCola Red on the two pinky nails.     

One  coat on each nail looked very nice and festive but not over the top.   

Dental Hygiene Tech  today  thought I had a professional manicure?  NO!  DIY!  

Keep Calm and Polish On,

CAT 

Honored Contributor

I got a fill last night and went with DND Gel Polish in Reddish Purple.  Not sure what's purple about it.  LOL  

See the source image

Regular Contributor

@gacat123   That should make a very pretty, Christmas-y combination!

I assume you know I very seldom wear cremes, and I don't even own an actual clear polish (lots of top and base coats, but not a polish that is clear, with no other goodies in it). Even if a polish is a one-coater, I almost always put on at least two coats. I just like the finished look better, The only time I might is if it truly is a one-coater and I'm going to be putting a topper with lots of flakes, glitter, etc, over it (or stamping if I'm so inclined).

It's amazing how good we get at doing our own mani's isn't it? Learning about clean up was the first major step for me. But honestly, at this point I have very little cleanup to do. If I'm just going to be at home, I often don't even bother.

Regular Contributor

Re: Nail polish threads.

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva  I can see that the CND polish does lean a bit purple. But honestly, part of that is because of the name. If I was just looking at the polish I likely wouldn't get past knowing that it is cool toned. I'm pretty lousy at just looking at a color and being able to break it down as to what colors were combined to make it. I'm really amazed sometimes at what colors appear as a polish separates.

As far as Lincoln Park, my thoughts correlate to what I commented to @gacat123  above about seldom wearing a straight creme. But I do have an indie collection that is made up of five polishes that are probably even closer to black. I specifically bought them to use as bases for glitters, etc. In fact I just did a sample nail using the burgandy one under a topper I just received and it was gorgeous. I think that will be my next mani. I'll be sure and post a picture.

edited to correct typo and grammar error...