Valued Contributor

@juperier3   

Thank you for showing us those beautiful polish selections!  

Lower Left reminds me of Lightening Bugs in a Jar.   <G>

Old habits, I tend to notice hands and nails for some reason.  

Sometimes I will compliment a clerk at checkout that she has beautiful nails. 

If not so nice I keep my thoughts to myself of course.  

Now, my nails are short and neat with clear  *Be Strong*  polish by JULEP.  

Keep Calm and Polish On, 

CAT

Respected Contributor

@SunSprite wrote:

@lulu1 

I agree, that Petra is fabulous! I think I will go with that next. 

Right now I'm in "Off Tropic" by Essie; it's a dark, pretty green. 

I'm going to try to post a picture but not sure I know how so if no pic you'll know it didn't happen lol

OFF TROPIC ESSIE - Copy.jpg

I love this green for the holidays.  Red is not a great color for me so I often wear Zoya greens.

Respected Contributor

For me it's Deborah Lippmann Happy Phantom

Deborah Lippmann This One's For The Girls Gel Lab Pro 6-piece Set

Regular Contributor

@gacat123  The flakes in the topper are actually quite dense, even a bit denser over black polish on my nail than on this black swatch stick.

quixotic queen mary.jpg

Now on to what else I've been wearing:

tonic.jpg

This polish has an amazing color shift, depending on lighting. I think it's what is referred to as a "pastel multichrome." (Actually, all of these polishes do tend to shift colors a bit, but this one even more so.)

This...

quixotic float.jpg

...and this...

bees knees.jpg

Currently this...

pfd camellia.jpg

This one just flippin' glows...

...and this...

pfd vanilla chai.jpg

Valued Contributor

@juperier3     

Thanks for sharing these pretty polish colors with us. 

I am in need of a DIY manicure after a very busy Thanksgiving.   

I may try a bit of sparkle/glitter for the Christmas Holidays  !! ?? 

Keep Calm and Polish On, 

CAT

Respected Contributor

Re: Nail polish threads.

[ Edited ]

love admiring these beautiful colors!

This is a new favorite, well-represented in the pic--OPI Reykjavik Has All the Hot Spots. I think I'm really going to like it in the summer, too.3260603.JPG

What worries you masters you.
Respected Contributor

Re: Nail polish threads.

[ Edited ]

And this has been one of my favorites for winter--a beautiful shade of blue, Essie's Glow With the Flow. (Boy, did I have to hunt for it!) Many of the swatches for this color aren't truly representative of the gorgeous shade of blue; this one is:

essie-glow-with-the-flow-_-essie-winter-2018-collection-swatches-review.jpg

What worries you masters you.
Regular Contributor

@gacat123   I know you lean towards subtle, more neutral polishes. But for some reason I thought you did include polishes with a bit of shimmer? Anyway, maybe consider a topper that you can layer over polishes you already have. I'm not sure what's currently out there in the mainstream/drugstore polishes these days, but there should be multiple options this time of year. 

You could select a very fine (possibly holographic) glitter in a clear base. China Glaze Fairy Dust is a classic. Golden Enchantment is the gold equivalent. I'm not sure if either of these are still in production, but there have been so many variations (both size and/or density) from multiple brands that there must be something available. A topper with fine glitter in a color close to your main polish color can also be beautiful.

Another topper option would be a topper with transluscent (not sure if that's the correct term)  glitters that subtley change color depending on the lighting..

Then there are the polishes with fine contrasting shimmer in them. Some of them are amazing, particularly in the right light.

I'm not sure how often you've incorporated glitter in your mani, but particularly the larger ones can be a bit difficult to remove. If you need tips, please let me know!

Regular Contributor

@Moonlady  @gacat123   Thank you ladies. I've worn multiple other polishes since these. If you're enjoying the photos, I'll try to post more in the next day or two. Sadly, I don't have the photographic skills to maximize the beautiful details most of them have. 

moonlady, it looks like you are drawn to polishes with metallic and/or shimmer pigments? I'm kind of neutral towards metallics, but I've recently decided that I quite like shimmers. Of course, I wear just about any finish. Right now my mani is composed of two pretty much randomly selected polishes...one an expired thermal (meaning it no longer changes color based on temperature) and a shimmer polish using a specific type of pigment that is no longer readily available.

Trusted Contributor

@lulu1 very pretty!  Is that kind of a plum/gray shade?  I've been on the lookout for something like that.