Trusted Contributor

@txrose - Thanks for sharing. That would have been so much fun to watch!

Trusted Contributor

@lulu2 - I just bought the inaugural collection of a brand new indie line, Turtle Tootsies Polish (store just opened last night). According to one blog review I read, one reason she decided to begin making and selling polish is due to her happy memories of her grandmother doing her nails. Who knows what you may have started!

Honored Contributor

Re: Nail polish threads.

[ Edited ]

Thanks juperier for sharing this story.  Maybe someday one of my Grands will start a line of polish!

I had a 4th of July manicure and pedicure this morning with Julep's America the Beautiful. My girl used white as the base and I like it better as I think you can see that it's red glitter and not a red base. She did have to dig to find the silver stars.

Julep America The Beautiful Swatch

Super Contributor

This is Like Dreamers Do by Deborah Lippmann. I applied two coats and top coat. I love this color. It's supposed to be sheer, and it is with one coat but I like it with two.

PS - I haven't had a chance to get caught up yet but I will. Just still feeling a little weak Smiley Very Happy

dl_likedream.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Snow Owl wrote:

This is Like Dreamers Do by Deborah Lippmann. I applied two coats and top coat. I love this color. It's supposed to be sheer, and it is with one coat but I like it with two.

PS - I haven't had a chance to get caught up yet but I will. Just still feeling a little weak Smiley Very Happy

dl_likedream.jpg

This color is so me.  I swore off buying new polish but I think this one is a must for.

Your nails look beautiful. (as always)

Continued better health.

Super Contributor

Re: Nail polish threads.

[ Edited ]

Oh, I forgot that Deborah Lippmann (link) is having a sale on some of her glitter! They are $10 with free shipping, and I am finally getting Across The Universe! Cat Very Happy

Thank you, lulu!

And, lulu, I got that at Sephora last month for $4. They had all the Spring collection, except Chantilly Lace, and they all look beautiful.

Respected Contributor

Lulu, I love the Independence Day mani.  It wouldn't be complete without the stars.  Fab!

Snow, your soft quiet mani is also gorg.  What a relaxing color.  Across the Universe will be fun!  I'm so glad you're enjoying your manis as you recover.  It's soooo good to be hearing from you again.  Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

nom, thank you so very much! It is so good to be out and back home. I've missed you Heart and the ladies here, and this thread. I do plan to try to get caught up sometime tomorrow.  Can't wait to see everyone's manis.

Super Contributor

Finally just got caught up. Well, with the posts that are still there. Looks like some may have went missing? I like the new forum, I think. The one thing I kinda don't care for, is being able to change text colors. It's great for links, but posts written entirely in rainbow brite colors are difficult to read so I have to skip them.

I almost got Genesis by Zoya in my last order but changed it at the last second before I checked out. I love whites but am not crazy about applying them. After all these years, there's still some colors/formulas that I really dislike working with and are difficult for me.

The Zoya satin colors are just so pretty. I did get all of them except Brittany. I may end up using a regular top coat with them. Even though they are a PITA to work with I do love the colors.

Also got the Naked Manicure NM Satin Seal but have not tried it. I think that will be my project for next week. I can't wait to try Sage by Zoya, it looks like such a pretty color.

Super Contributor

@juperier wrote:

@Snow Owl - Whoa! Snow, sepsis is SERIOUS. An ex-boyfriend died from the compliations a few years after we broke up and someone else I know almost died about a year ago. I'm sure glad you got to the doctor's in time. You can become an expert on navigating this board while you're recuperating. 

When you decide to polish your nails, be extra careful to have good ventilation. Breathing in all the polish and remover fumes probably isn't high on the list of things you should be doing right now.

jup, I've only known one person who had it and she did pass away. But she was almost 80 though. I really should have gone on to the doctor when the cough lasted more than three days. I've never really been sick like that before, and was just stupid for not going. I feel very fortunate to have made it home and talked to family and friends in case anything else goes wrong.

I did take my polish outside for my mani. I'm not taking any chances right now.