Trusted Contributor

nom - I'm sorry. It does take a while for nails to grow out past the ""bad"" part. And don't be surprised if you have a nail or two that take even longer.

I'm glad you're still hangin' in there with us.

Super Contributor

Good Morning!

jup - Oh...I can't wait to hear about the ChG neons! I need to get out to Sally's to see if they're in the store yet.

nom - I hear ya about the troublesome nails! I finally re-shaped mine because that one nail I have been having trouble with I've had to keep rounded, so I rounded the rest of my nails so it wouldn't be so obvious! I'm still struggling with it! Ugh!

Snow - I'm on pins and needles waiting to hear what you did with your mani last night! I don't blame you for getting Cream Tea and I'm glad I didn't dissuade with my smudging drama - lol! It really is my favorite white/neutral. I have also wanted Cotton Buds, but have never bought it. hmmmm..... I did want to mention that Heather has a tinge of pink which isn't showing up in my pic. It's really pretty.

Today I'm wearing one of my all-time favorite purples, Zoya Mira. I've had this polish forever and I never get tired of wearing it. I couldn't capture a good picture (purples don't photograph easily), so I'm just gonna give y'all a link!

Have a great day!

Super Contributor

The OPI is just a white base coat. It does exactly the same thing as a white polish. There is no difference in the color of the neon pink.

I did one coat of each, and two coats of each. With one coat, both polish and base were patchy, and both evened out with the second. That did make a difference in how the polish looked after the first coat. I needed two thin coats of white/base and two thin coats of neon to get a solid color. Will post pics soon.

Trusted Contributor

bella - I've already worn several of the Electric Nights polishes. This is definitely a great collection to choose from if any of the colors appeal to you. I don't think I posted any images since there's so much publicity regarding this collection right now. I was actually thinking about using another one tonight. But then MissHollyBerries' youtube review of the Virago Varnish Enchanting Sirens went live. So now I want to try another from that collection. And I still haven't tried either of the polishes in the Mystic Muse April Subscription Box. These both need to go over a dark polish to transform it. So three very different directions to choose from.

Snow - That's pretty much what I assumed. Still, reducing the number of coats by one (the clear basecoat that would normally put on first) might help with the wear time. The thought crossed my mind last night that one of the reasons neons are known to chip may be at least partially related to the total number of coats of polish being used.

Lets see, what have I been wearing since I last mentioned that?

Mystic Muse Vintage (Excuse the blurry pic. I took a quick pic of my hand and polish bottle on my lap since I couldn't fine one the right size online), a sheer grey crelly with red sparks (so the color is off too!).

mm_vintage

Color Club Meet Me at the Rink a really pretty blue pastel neon.

cc_meet_me_at_the_rink

And right now, Color Club Gimme a Grape Big Kiss. I'm not posting an image for this one. My polish is FAR less purple than any images I was able to find. I suspect that there are two versions of this color. I really like the color I have. But I did order a bottle from a different source to see if I get a color closer to what I was expecting.

Super Contributor

Here is the pic. Index has two coats of OPI base, and ring has one coat of OPI base. Middle has one coat of white polish, pinky has two of white polish. All have two coats of the neon polish, Pink Hottie by Milani. None have top coat. I love the look without top coat, it really pops!

The ring and middle (one layer of undies) are very streaky even though it doesn't show very well in the pic. With two coats (or one if it isn't streaky/patchy) of a good, opaque white, you could get by with one coat of the neon in a thick-ish layer.

I did my other hand with the white polish/neon and will wear this color until it begins chipping. Jup, those are beautiful. Talk to y'all tomorrow.

Trusted Contributor

Ooh, that's really pretty Snow! I have to say the results were what I expected. Now it will be interesting to see if there's a noticeable difference in wear time. Did you watch JessFACE90's youtube review of the China Glaze Electric Nights collection? I really like that she does live swatches now.

I decided tonight's mani was going to be Virago Varnish Seduction. Both JessFACE90 and MissHollyBerries have posted youtube videos with live swatching of the Enchanting Sirens collection.

vv_seduciton

There are also many other reviews of both of the above collections on youtube.

Trusted Contributor

Hildegarde - Don't worry, I'd have to change polish multiple times of day to keep up with all the ones I want to put on. I'm glad you're enjoying the pictures that are posted. Speaking for myself, I enjoy sharing my love of polish with others who can relate.

Honored Contributor

The Ulta polishes are holding up nicely ladies and it's Thursday already!

for 2 bucks a pop on sale they're well worth it. Just don't go by the website pics. The colors all seem to be off.

thanks for the pic posting tips. I think I'll do a trial run:

I got a sample of this in my ipsy box and it was some good stuff. I think the posting trouble we were having was with our own photos; not stuff from the internet.

Super Contributor

jup, I haven't seen the new China Glaze! I'm going now to check out the links you posted. The OPI base did take two coats for opacity, but if the wear time is good I'll go back by Sally's and get another bottle. I love these neons.

Honored Contributor

I'm checking to see if isn't just the pic..apparently the first one was restricted..