Respected Contributor

Nail polish that smells like food ? Really ?

Just saw this on my local news.  It's called Sinful colors sold @ Walmart. It says

• Sugary and savory shades, textures and scents inspired by your favorite snacks
  • Innovative foodie-inspired colors with over-the-top details create the look of top tasty treats
  • Brush on these limited edition yummy and tantalizing effects.

Personally I don't want my nails to smell like "top tasty treats" Why would I ?? Anyone tried them or plan to ? 

Honored Contributor

Re: Nail polish that smells like food ? Really ?

Been sold in Walmart for a long time, company is owned by Revlon and supposedly is made in USA. Very inexpensive. 

Honored Contributor

i would think that similar to Philosophy body washes, the scent dissipates after a short time. 

Respected Contributor

It might be more pleasant than the smell of regular nail polish which is horrible and lingers.

Regular Contributor

@Goodie2shoes  Scented nail polishes aren't new. Loreal had scented polishes years ago.  Scented base and top coats are very common in the indie polish world. To me it depends on how one feels about a particular scent. I don't feel it's any different than using any other scented beauty product.

As for the other selling points, again nothing new. Looks like they are just taking advantage of the resurgence of glitters in the indie polish world.

While I limit my polish purchases to indie brands, Sinful Colors has been a popular mainstream brand for years. In fact, I've read many comments expressing disappointment that the brand seemed to be disappearing from the market.

Respected Contributor

Thanks everyone, I had heard of Sinful colors nail polish but never the kind that smells like food. I'm just not interested in my nails smelling like food but if the scent dissapates I guess that's ok. To each her own,I will pass.  I guess I am behind the times with not knowing about it. News reporter made it sound like something new on the market

Regular Contributor

@Goodie2shoes  It's called "marketing!"  While it's not new, it's also not common. I'm sure it is a new concept to the vast majority of people.

Personally, while I don't particulary my nails to smell like tacos, I'd take that any time over a floral scented lotion. Those tend to make me a bit nauseous. 

I also lean towards leaving nail polish unscented. One could like a particular polish, but not like the scent. It makes far more sense to me to just be able to buy a scented top coat, if one does want the scent.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Better bacon than toluene.