Respected Contributor

Re: Nail polish favorites.💅🏻

No longer wear polish, but for years wore essies ballet slippers.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@IMW   Love Ballet Slippers....also Sugar Daddy (wearing now), Mademoiselle (a staple for me).  All beautiful Essie naturals.  Are you loving your natural nails?  I recently gave my toes a breather.

Respected Contributor

i used to be a huge nail polish user.  after years of constant wear and abuse (removal of gel as an example) i needed to give my nails a rest.  this was SO HARD to do.  i found, though, that after three or four months, i became used to it.  Nail damage has now just about grown out .   every once in a while i put on Zoya Naken Manicure or debra lippman Whatever Lola Wants ... but i only leave it on for a few days.   otherwise, i am constantly applying vitamin E oil or coconut oil onto my nails.    toes have stayed bare, and i have become totally accustomed to that look now too.  

Honored Contributor

I buy loreal nail polish because it doesnt contain formaldryhde!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

Most brands today do not contain formaldehyde. 

Honored Contributor

My favorite right now is OPI infinite shine 2 in "you've got that glas-glow".  It lasts a long time and this particular color tones down the ruddiness in my cooler skin tone.

Respected Contributor

I only wear clear on my finger nails. For toes, OPI dulce de leche is my holy grail color. I even take it with me if I go get it done in a salon. It's the perfect nude shade for me. I have really shied away from dark and bright colors. They take so much maintenance. The nude shade lasts weeks and you can't notice if there is a tiny chip or ding.

Respected Contributor

100% OPI  wears like iron with their 'start to finish' as base and top coat

this summer i was in 'my address is hollywood' alot.

turqoldpawn.jpg

no i don't wear these like this.  just a pic i had of some old pawn that had the nail color.

looking forward to the rich dark OPI colors for fall.

20150917_164348.jpg

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Esteemed Contributor

My favorites are Perfect Formula and Pro Strong nail color. I prefer shades of pink and wines. I'm very fair so the nudes and strong colors do not work for me.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm wearing Essie blue-tiful horizon.  It's a blueish grey with shimmer. It matches the lovely grey pearl ring I'm wearing perfectly.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth