Super Contributor
I use the e.l.f. white handle eyeliner brush. I pour a little bit of remover in the cap of the remover bottle or dap cup, dip just the tip of the brush, and rake off the excess on the side of the cap. Then barely touch the paper towel, and clean up. If there's too much remover on the brush it'll leak onto your polish. I've also used the pointed q-tips and they work well, but the brush method is easier for me.
Honored Contributor

I just wait a few hours, wash my hands a few times and just scrape off the excess polish that is on my skin. I've always done this. A lot less mess than smearing with a q-tip and remover.

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor
On 3/1/2015 WhateverLolaWants said:
On 3/1/2015 betteb said:

Hi 2zbeach,

I began doing mani clean-up with a nail polish corrector pen, which has a felt tip. You fill the barrel of the pen with polish remover or pure acetone and it wicks into the tip. You wipe off the tip on a paper towel. OPI's version includes spare tips, but I grew tired of replacing the pen to get new tips so I went to the "professional" method and purchased a small round sculptured nail brush and a small glass "dap cup" at Sally Beauty, and use a small amount of acetone in the dap cup, dip the brush, dab on a paper towel to remove excess and clean-up is a breeze!

HTH!

Great tips Lola. I'm glad you asked 2zbeach.

Hope you don't mind if I share this here. I wanted to show Lola this mani I saw...I love it

Hi betteb, thanks! You don't want to know how many hours I've spent online trying to find the specific polishes used for this mani! Everyone has it on their Pinterest nail art boards, everyone has their own opinion on the polishes used, but I still can't find the original. {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

I've tried similar polishes from my stash, but haven't been able to duplicate it exactly ...

Oh well.

The pic is from totalbeauty.com and they say it is Essie-No Place Like ChromeSmile I found it on Facebook.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

My girl uses, so I do too, an orange stick dipped in acetone.

I know some wait until they are finished with all coats of polish before they clean-up but I clean-up after I polish each nail. For some reason I get better results.

I also use a felt tip correction pen if I get polish on my skin, particularly the sides. The biggest problem for me is my base cuticle. If I get too close, sometimes I remove a miniscule amount of polish make the polish look sloppy.

That manicure is gorgeous.

Super Contributor
On 3/2/2015 betteb said:
On 3/1/2015 betteb said:

Hi 2zbeach,

I began doing mani clean-up with a nail polish corrector pen, which has a felt tip. You fill the barrel of the pen with polish remover or pure acetone and it wicks into the tip. You wipe off the tip on a paper towel. OPI's version includes spare tips, but I grew tired of replacing the pen to get new tips so I went to the "professional" method and purchased a small round sculptured nail brush and a small glass "dap cup" at Sally Beauty, and use a small amount of acetone in the dap cup, dip the brush, dab on a paper towel to remove excess and clean-up is a breeze!

HTH!

Hope you don't mind if I share this here. I wanted to show Lola this mani I saw...I love it

Hi betteb, thanks! You don't want to know how many hours I've spent online trying to find the specific polishes used for this mani! Everyone has it on their Pinterest nail art boards, everyone has their own opinion on the polishes used, but I still can't find the original. {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

I've tried similar polishes from my stash, but haven't been able to duplicate it exactly ...

Oh well.

The pic is from totalbeauty.com and they say it is Essie-No Place Like ChromeSmile I found it on Facebook.

Right, the tip is "No Place Like Chrome" -- have it, love it, use it often. It's the BASE color I can't identify!!

Lola
Super Contributor
On 3/2/2015 WhateverLolaWants said:
On 3/2/2015 betteb said:
On 3/1/2015 betteb said:

Hi 2zbeach,

HTH!

Oh well.

Right, the tip is "No Place Like Chrome" -- have it, love it, use it often. It's the BASE color I can't identify!!

Could it be the Essie Matte About You top coat over the Chrome?

Esteemed Contributor
On 3/2/2015 betteb said:
On 3/1/2015 betteb said:

Hi 2zbeach,

HTH!

Oh well.

They didn't identify on Total Beauty either...I looked. I will try asking on Facebook. Someone else had asked but they only answered with the Essie Chrome. I'll ask for more details.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

There are corrector pens you can buy for his, or dip a Q Tip in remover.

Super Contributor
On 3/2/2015 Penellope said:
On 3/2/2015 betteb said:
On 3/1/2015 betteb said:

Hi 2zbeach,

HTH!

Oh well.

Could it be the Essie Matte About You top coat over the Chrome?

I guess it could be, Penellolpe, now that you mention it. I, and others I've discussed it with, thought it was another color, possibly something a bit green like Sephora "Queen of Everything" [discontinued], but I tried that and that wasn't it, either.

If it is mattified Chrome, that couldn't be much simpler!

Lola
Esteemed Contributor

I asked on Facebook about the base color of the Chrome mani...a few others were asking too, so maybe we will get and answer.

While I was there, they posted another one I love...I asked for details on it too.