Trusted Contributor
What do you use to remove nail polish that finds its way onto the skin surrounding your nails? I am tired of the tissue around a toothpick. Is there a better way? Thanks?
Super Contributor

Hi 2zbeach,

I began doing mani clean-up with a nail polish corrector pen, which has a felt tip. You fill the barrel of the pen with polish remover or pure acetone and it wicks into the tip. You wipe off the tip on a paper towel. OPI's version includes spare tips, but I grew tired of replacing the pen to get new tips so I went to the "professional" method and purchased a small round sculptured nail brush and a small glass "dap cup" at Sally Beauty, and use a small amount of acetone in the dap cup, dip the brush, dab on a paper towel to remove excess and clean-up is a breeze!

HTH!

Lola
Esteemed Contributor
On 3/1/2015 WhateverLolaWants said:

Hi 2zbeach,

I began doing mani clean-up with a nail polish corrector pen, which has a felt tip. You fill the barrel of the pen with polish remover or pure acetone and it wicks into the tip. You wipe off the tip on a paper towel. OPI's version includes spare tips, but I grew tired of replacing the pen to get new tips so I went to the "professional" method and purchased a small round sculptured nail brush and a small glass "dap cup" at Sally Beauty, and use a small amount of acetone in the dap cup, dip the brush, dab on a paper towel to remove excess and clean-up is a breeze!

HTH!

Great tips Lola. I'm glad you asked 2zbeach.

Hope you don't mind if I share this here. I wanted to show Lola this mani I saw...I love it

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Trusted Contributor
Thanks,Lola! Btw,I always love your nails. Come to my house anytime!
Respected Contributor

I use a small eyebrow brush that came with some gel eyeliner. Since I don't use those brushes, I put it to work in my manicure kit. I also just take a shower and the paint pills off the skin.

Trusted Contributor
Thanks,tigriss. I'm sure I have one of those around.
Super Contributor
On 3/1/2015 betteb said:
On 3/1/2015 WhateverLolaWants said:

Hi 2zbeach,

HTH!

Great tips Lola. I'm glad you asked 2zbeach.

Hope you don't mind if I share this here. I wanted to show Lola this mani I saw...I love it

Hi betteb, thanks! You don't want to know how many hours I've spent online trying to find the specific polishes used for this mani! Everyone has it on their Pinterest nail art boards, everyone has their own opinion on the polishes used, but I still can't find the original. {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

I've tried similar polishes from my stash, but haven't been able to duplicate it exactly ...

Oh well.

Lola
Super Contributor
On 3/1/2015 2zbeach said: Thanks,Lola! Btw,I always love your nails. Come to my house anytime!

You're welcome, 2zbeach.

How far is your house? LOL.

Lola
Super Contributor

I actually just did my nails a few hours ago--what seems to work the best and easiest for me is to use a Q-tip: dip it in polish remover "push" any excess off, wipe around the nail, and tah-dah! For me, things clean up nicely. Good luck!

Trusted Contributor
Hi Lola.....not far from the Q. Field trip!