Respected Contributor

Re: Nail polish & mature women

What kind of goofy question is that? You already know the answer: women can wear whatever they like, whenever they like. Period. Try to come up with a better question next time.

Respected Contributor

I am in my mid 50""s and still wear whatever color I want on my fingers and toes. I am usually more daring with my toes in the summer. I won't wear black nail polish though. I really don't like it on anyone of any age.

Respected Contributor

On 3/23/2014 KateChopin said:

Never, if they like it.

Just wondering - - The Story of An Hour? One of my favorites {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Super Contributor

I've always thought that nail polish is the one thing that you can do to express yourself. As I age I do tend to stay away from the bright, flashy colors. Not because I don't like it but because others do not. I came home one day with aqua and my BF had a fit. I do stay true to my toes though. They get the bright, strange colors. My hands get beige, light pink and soft coral. During the holidays I go bronze for fall and different reds (even with glitter) for Xmas.

Regular Contributor

If others don't like something...polish, hair, certain colors or clothing styles...and are dumb enough to be vocal about it, They would be seeing a whole lot more-not less-of whatever it is! The absolute last thing I would ever do is wear something or do my hair a certain way, or whatever, because somebody thought I should or shouldn't do so...you don't "freak out" around me and get away with it. Don't like green or aqua? Too bad...better get used to it!
Honored Contributor

I believe that nail polish should be event appropriate, not age appropriate. I'm not going to wear my glitter, holographic, green, blue, or neon nail polish to a meeting where I'm presenting to management, because people will focus on my nails, not my presentation content. That's not appropriate.

Honored Contributor

....what??? So now there are age limits for colors of nail polish...really? Someone grinch-like person must sit around making this stuff up...LOL A grinch who apparently has it in for ""mature"" women. Whatever the heck ""mature"" means. I intend to be like a particular group of women in my church. A group of 4 or 5 women who have been friends for longer than I have been alive. True fashionistas who happen to be in their 80's and 90's now. And they all have fierce manicures.

Super Contributor

I wear whatever color I feel like wearing and I am over 50.

Honored Contributor

I don't like mint polish on fingers for anyone over the age of 10....it's just too jarring.

But I think it's cute on toes (any age!).

Respected Contributor

I wonder why ""mint"" is being singled out.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~