Honored Contributor

Re: Nail polish & mature women

If a woman at any age wants to wear mint, I say go for it.

Life is too short to worry about what nail polish to wear or not wear.

Honored Contributor

NEVAH! I'm 63 and have more fun with my polish colors now that I'm retired.

Last week a 94 year old lady was getting bright blue on her fingers and toes. It would not have been my choice but she loved it.

Honored Contributor

I not only have mint but olive green also. The mint is the perfect shade when I apply the first coat. After I add the second one, I don't like it as well. So I am going to pour out a little of the mint and add some Deborah Lippman's N-ked which does not look good on my hands. That should lighten it up a touch so that it will work with multiple coats.

I don't get this age thing either. I have seen 90+ year-olds with hands that look better than some teens. Here's my rule: If it looks good [to me] and I like it, I'm wearing it.

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Super Contributor

It's nail polish! Wear it! I have seen some odd colors, but I've also worn some that people have both complimented and questioned. Forest green, deep navy, road cone orange (I have two new bottles for spring). I may not wear neon yellow in my clothing, but on my nails? Why not? I can change it in a few minutes.
Esteemed Contributor

A woman of any age can wear any color of nail polish she wants. Personally, I don't like the bizarre colored polishes (and to me, mint is bizarre), but if it's not on my hands, I don't care. If you want to wear mint, wear mint!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Regular Contributor

Never stop wearing it if it's what you like.
Super Contributor

On 3/23/2014 belleandme said:

i dont think it is color and age, i think it is color and the person. flattering is flattering and as we get older what is flattering tends to be more elusive. needs to be more carefully chosen. i just think nail color needs to be a good match for the person, their nails, their coloring and personality. if it fits all that , and happens to be mint, then awesome.

You are so right! And - that applies to other things besides nail color!

Trusted Contributor

Women can wear any color nail polish they want, at any age they want. You can ask about their choices or even criticize them, but no woman owes you an explanation. Thanks for asking. You can sit down and hush up now.

Super Contributor

I think at 72 it's still fine but 73 is definitely too old to wear mint polish.

Beauty blogger and YTer who loves it all! Cheers, Lulu Bea aka Lulu On Beauty - Let's be FACEBOOK beauty friends!
Esteemed Contributor

Is this another one of these unwritten rules that I know nothing about?