Esteemed Contributor

Re: Nail polish & mature women

On 3/23/2014 SammyK said: At what age should mature women stop wearing mint nail polish?

Whenever they feel like it!

Super Contributor

Now you've got me thinking. I have teal and plum and gold and silver but no mint! In answer to your question I hope I'm never so ""mature"" in spirit that I let it stop me from doing whatever I like.

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/23/2014 Usedtobeoxox said:

I will never be to mature for any color nail polish

Me neither!

"Safe" neutrals are boring to me. Yes, I wear neutrals and more traditional colors too, but I have a large selection of all different colors and I love having that kind of variety and those kinds of choices. I do it for me - not to please anyone else - but I get compliments all the time. From friends, strangers on line at the grocery store, everywhere.

Even if I didn't, I would still continue to wear colors that I like. I think it's fun, and for me it's a part of being a girl. Even an "old" girl! Kiss

Honored Contributor

On 3/23/2014 BlueCollarBabe said:

Now you've got me thinking. I have teal and plum and gold and silver but no mint! In answer to your question I hope I'm never so ""mature"" in spirit that I let it stop me from doing whatever I like.

I've got mint I can loan you.

Super Contributor

Never, if they like it.

Super Contributor

i dont think it is color and age, i think it is color and the person. flattering is flattering and as we get older what is flattering tends to be more elusive. needs to be more carefully chosen. i just think nail color needs to be a good match for the person, their nails, their coloring and personality. if it fits all that , and happens to be mint, then awesome.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Never too old. I like fun colors on my toes during sandal season but can't keep polish on my fingers so I don't bother. Too much gardening and yard work. My favorite is a dark metallic purple on my toes.

I gave someone a pretty lilac color for Xmas because purple is her favorite color and it looked really good on her.

Super Contributor

What does age have to do with the color nail polish one wears? I am an ""older woman"" and wear whatever I like ...
~~ Good enough is good enough ~~
Honored Contributor

I think a lot of colors that in the past used to be reserved for the very young, are now more main stream and no-one thinks much about it. I happen to think colors such as mint and light blue are very fresh and appealing, especially for spring and summer. Enjoy - and don't even consider age!!!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

just had my nails done in OPI "pumped up cherry"....a lush coral pink that is a great spring/summer color. This was a very minor decision in my life... why spend energy on concerning myself with the color of someone's nail polish...no matter what age? Too many other issues that deserve attention, no matter what your age. I will wear what pleases me, and I assume others are doing the same. Normally, I choose a fairly natural color by choice and an unstated dress/polish color work code. But, given that limitation, I think color is a fun harmless indulgence and do not judge others by their choice of nail color. (OK, I will admit if you show up for a corporate position with green nails...it will be noted. Just use some common sense.) I love Lols's nail of the week...so creative!