Super Contributor

Hello Ladies,

This week, it's China Glaze "Millenium" polish from their [discontinued] Khrome Collection.

Let me tell you, this is one "prima donna" polish!

First, it's considered to be iconic by many nail bloggers, so it goes for an exhorbitant price -- IF you can find it.

Second, it needs a special base coat, such as Nfu-Oh Aqua Base, which I didn't use, but will next time, because it shows every imperfection in the nail bed. It clearly shows the wrap on my middle finger, which is almost grown out now. It dries super fast, so your application strokes need to be swift and sure, or you end up with bald spots.

My manis usually last the week without chipping, but not so with "Millenium". Chips appeared after only two days, but I think the Aqua Base Coat would also help that problem.

For it's good points, "Millenium" is a very interesting-looking bluish-silver-chrome, unlike any other silver polishes in my collection. It's bright, but not in a garish way. I've had several compliments on it and I like it too. I'm looking forward to using it for nail stamping, at which it is said to excel.

I stamped the accent nail bow with Konad M59 Image plate and Konad Special White Polish and applied a little crystal on the bow knot and used Seche Vite top coat.

Inspiration credit to The Polished Perfectionist (although she used a dotted bow design from the same image plate and applied a lot more crystals than I did).

http://oi49.tinypic.com/15mcs91.jpg

Lola