Respected Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@Grouchomarx wrote:

@KaeKae wrote:

Go back to the salon to have it done. Chances are too good that you will damage your nails trying to do it yourself.  Yes, there may be damage anyway (Not saying there will, I just don't know for sure) but I think there would be less if a pro removes it. 

It's damaging either way. I've done it at home and in the salon. A series of gels destroyed my nails. They took a very very long time to recover. Not worth it, IMO.

Have you had the dip powder?

Not the same as gel nails.

I have not done dip powder, I researched it. Removal is essentially the same, from every website I read. Not good for nails. 

I've been getting the dip powder manicures for a couple of years now. It is far less damaging than gels. Removal is just polish remover on a cotton ball then the nail wrapped in foil for a few minutes. 

Go to salon and have them removed. I had mine removed at Top Nails Tech and I am so satisfied with the result.

Respected Contributor

I have seen a few customers have this done. How long does Nail Dip Powder last? They did say at the salon not as hard on the nails as Acrylics. I only have gone in for Pedis so do not know much about it?

Respected Contributor

@Gorgf wrote:

I have seen a few customers have this done. How long does Nail Dip Powder last? They did say at the salon not as hard on the nails as Acrylics. I only have gone in for Pedis so do not know much about it?

@Gorgf ,

It lasts longer than gels. You pretty much redo it only when you see growth at the nail bed. It doesn't chip or wear off at the fingertips.

Honored Contributor

@Gorgf wrote:

Mine last 3 weeks. Love how my hands look. For me it's well worth it. 

Frequent Contributor

I started using the Dip powder system and I am so happy I did! I couldn't keep my nails from breaking & chipping. My color lasts 3 weeks and I love having my nails look nice.