Valued Contributor

Had these done 3. Weeks ago.  How do I get them off

Respected Contributor

Google "how to remove dip nails".  It involves acetone, cotton balls, and foil.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Respected Contributor

Call the nail salon and ask them.

Honored Contributor

@lucky-girl 

Go to the salon, costs 5 or 10 dollars. 

Contributor

Go back to the salon to have it done. Chances are too good that you will damage your nails trying to do it yourself.  Yes, there may be damage anyway (Not saying there will, I just don't know for sure) but I think there would be less if a pro removes it. 

Respected Contributor

@KaeKae wrote:

Go back to the salon to have it done. Chances are too good that you will damage your nails trying to do it yourself.  Yes, there may be damage anyway (Not saying there will, I just don't know for sure) but I think there would be less if a pro removes it. 

It's damaging either way. I've done it at home and in the salon. A series of gels destroyed my nails. They took a very very long time to recover. Not worth it, IMO.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Definitely go to the salon & have them removed. Really. It's not worth trying to do it yourself.

Valued Contributor

Ty back to the salon it is

Respected Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

@KaeKae wrote:

It's damaging either way. I've done it at home and in the salon. A series of gels destroyed my nails. They took a very very long time to recover. Not worth it, IMO.

Have you had the dip powder?

Not the same as gel nails.

Respected Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@Grouchomarx wrote:

@KaeKae wrote:

Have you had the dip powder?

Not the same as gel nails.

I have not done dip powder, I researched it. Removal is essentially the same, from every website I read. Not good for nails.