Reply
Super Contributor
Posts: 440
Registered: ‎04-02-2010

Nail dip powder system

Had these done 3. Weeks ago.  How do I get them off

 

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,851
Registered: ‎04-19-2010

Re: Nail dip powder system

Google "how to remove dip nails".  It involves acetone, cotton balls, and foil.


-- pro-aging --
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,312
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Nail dip powder system

Call the nail salon and ask them.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 10,973
Registered: ‎01-22-2016

Re: Nail dip powder system

@lucky-girl 

 

Go to the salon, costs 5 or 10 dollars. 

Contributor
Posts: 44
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Nail dip powder system

Go back to the salon to have it done. Chances are too good that you will damage your nails trying to do it yourself.  Yes, there may be damage anyway (Not saying there will, I just don't know for sure) but I think there would be less if a pro removes it. 

Valued Contributor
Posts: 785
Registered: ‎01-23-2019

Re: Nail dip powder system


@KaeKae wrote:

Go back to the salon to have it done. Chances are too good that you will damage your nails trying to do it yourself.  Yes, there may be damage anyway (Not saying there will, I just don't know for sure) but I think there would be less if a pro removes it. 


It's damaging either way. I've done it at home and in the salon. A series of gels destroyed my nails. They took a very very long time to recover. Not worth it, IMO.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,887
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Nail dip powder system

Definitely go to the salon & have them removed. Really. It's not worth trying to do it yourself.

Super Contributor
Posts: 440
Registered: ‎04-02-2010

Re: Nail dip powder system

Ty back to the salon it is

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,254
Registered: ‎05-08-2017

Re: Nail dip powder system


@Grouchomarx wrote:

@KaeKae wrote:

Go back to the salon to have it done. Chances are too good that you will damage your nails trying to do it yourself.  Yes, there may be damage anyway (Not saying there will, I just don't know for sure) but I think there would be less if a pro removes it. 


It's damaging either way. I've done it at home and in the salon. A series of gels destroyed my nails. They took a very very long time to recover. Not worth it, IMO.


 

 

Have you had the dip powder?

Not the same as gel nails.

Valued Contributor
Posts: 785
Registered: ‎01-23-2019

Re: Nail dip powder system


@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@Grouchomarx wrote:

@KaeKae wrote:

Go back to the salon to have it done. Chances are too good that you will damage your nails trying to do it yourself.  Yes, there may be damage anyway (Not saying there will, I just don't know for sure) but I think there would be less if a pro removes it. 


It's damaging either way. I've done it at home and in the salon. A series of gels destroyed my nails. They took a very very long time to recover. Not worth it, IMO.


 

 

Have you had the dip powder?

Not the same as gel nails.


I have not done dip powder, I researched it. Removal is essentially the same, from every website I read. Not good for nails.