Honored Contributor

Re: Nail and Hair Growth Question

I've been taking the bulksupplements bamboo powder. It's not that gritty and is completely tasteless. The main reason why I recommend loose powder supps when available, is because there is a huge amount of money saved by buying it this way. Of course there are supps that require accurate measurement and those are important to consume in capsule form to get the correct dosage but with bamboo powder the exact measurement to ingest in not critical...just don't ingest the whole bag at once.Woman WinkWoman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

I already take Benefiber powder in 5 oz of water every morning, wonder if the bamboo powder could be mixed in with the Benefiber?

Honored Contributor

I actually bought this powder and have been using it for almost a week. Of course it's not been long enough to tell if my hair/nails are growing-----but I have noticed that my very sore knee joints feel so much better---not sure it is from the powder but something is working. Not taking anything for pain. I put it in a small amount of my smoothie each a.m. Its a little gritty, like after you get your teeth polished but a swish of water will clear that and there is no taste. so we will see.

Respected Contributor

Since it is tasteless, couldn't you mix it in yogurt or cereal or some other food?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The loose bamboo powder is easily mixed into liquids or food that can be stirred, for example yogurt, oatmeal, sauces...you get the idea. I wouldn't sprinkle on a piece of toast or a hamburger. Woman Tongue

I did a lot reading about this bamboo powder before taking it. What I found, from reputable sources, is that I believe this substance is highly underrated and has many benefits far beyond just 'beauty'.

Respected Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

I actually bought this powder and have been using it for almost a week. Of course it's not been long enough to tell if my hair/nails are growing-----but I have noticed that my very sore knee joints feel so much better---not sure it is from the powder but something is working. Not taking anything for pain. I put it in a small amount of my smoothie each a.m. Its a little gritty, like after you get your teeth polished but a swish of water will clear that and there is no taste. so we will see.

Good analogy, @wagirl!

Valued Contributor

Thank you all so very much to take the time to respond.  This was a good discussion.  It's great to learn from "kowlegeable friends".

Respected Contributor

@Shelbelle  Thanks for the tip!!