Frequent Contributor

Any suggestions for a product to use at home -  gel french nails fill on my own???I just looked on Sally's web page.  Not sure what to even try? Thank you so much.  Does Perfect formula pink gel work?

Honored Contributor

Re: Nail Shop Closing ??

[ Edited ]

Just discussing this, I think my salon is still open, my friend wants to keep her appt for tomorrow, but I think I will cancel mine. I dont recommend Pink Gel Coat, it contains formaldehyde. 

Trusted Contributor

@Shelbelle  Thanks for sharing this.....recently found out I'm allergic to formaldehyde ~

Regular Contributor

@BN MI   Are your nails "hard" gel or "soak off" gel? Both are cured under a lamp. Perfect Formula is NOT the same. I can't imagine that you could successfully backfill with it.

While it is certainly possible to do your own gel manicure, I wouldn't suggest it unless you've educated yourself. There's more to using these products safely than one would think. I'm not a nail tech, just a nerd who accidently found herself interested in the process a few years ago. If you do decide you want to attempt it yourself, a starting point might be "The Nail Hub" on youtube. Her videos are DIY oriented. Recently she's joined up with the owner/chemist at Light Elegance to create videos regarding the chemistry involved, lamps, etc.

Honored Contributor

I have an acrylic overlay over my natural nails.  There is nothing I'm going to be able to do because I'm certainly not buying the materials to do my own nails.  

My nails are going to end up growing out and lifting and I'll end up removing them myself and probably taking my natural nails with them.  If worse comes to worse, I'll buy press on nails until I can get back to the salon. 

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I have an acrylic overlay over my natural nails.  There is nothing I'm going to be able to do because I'm certainly not buying the materials to do my own nails.  

My nails are going to end up growing out and lifting and I'll end up removing them myself and probably taking my natural nails with them.  If worse comes to worse, I'll buy press on nails until I can get back to the salon. 

Hi @Lipstickdiva ,

On the nail thread, I posted I cut off my natural nails and used Static Nails. (I purchased then a long time ago when they were a GMA Deal)  They are easy to use and look really great and natural.

Honored Contributor

My shop closed as of today. 

Esteemed Contributor

I hawve an appt tomorrow. The nail salon was open earlier this week but I'll call ahead.

I have gel nails but I think I'm going regular polish. Mine soak off but I may not get back for awhile.

Frequent Contributor

Thank you for the wonderful help.  I just looked on Amazon.com Nail Kits.  I think I'll try one of the kits from this web site and order no chip nail polish.  Stay safe!!! Thank you again.