Trusted Contributor

@Katcat1 ahhhhhh, I understand now, definetly gloves for the technicians!

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Honored Contributor

I don't get my nails done. But if I did, I would not go yet. I'd get my hair color and trim before I'd have the contact that nails demand. Neither of these services are so important to me that I'm willing to take the risk.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I had my nails done a week and a half ago.  At the place I went, they had installed plexiglass between the client and the technician.  At the time I was there, they were only using the end tables although there was room to fit 3 across the long table.  The place wasn't busy at all.

I was required to wear a mask as did the tech.  However, the techs always wear a mask in these places, pandemic or not.  As soon as I walked in, I was instructed to go straight to the back and wash my hands.  Then I came back up front and signed in.  I stuck my hands under the plexiglass for her to do my nails.

I'm not sure what this place would be like on a Saturday afternoon or in the evening.  If they utilize all the chairs, people would be sitting way too close to each other with no barrier.  I would not have stayed had that been the case.  I'm wondering if they only plan in utilizing the first spot at each row of tables.  

I get acrylics, not a manicure.  I also had to pay a $3.00 surcharge which I don't have an issue with.   

Honored Contributor

I always do my own manicures and this weekend will probably do a pedi.  (a little more difficult when you are old)  I'm not ready to get one at a salon even if they were open here.  I sure do want and need a color and hair cut.   I will get that done when  the shop reopens.