Occasional Contributor
Another cruelty-free company that I will no longer give my business to because their new parent company conducts animal testing. So frustrating.....
Honored Contributor

Re: NYX bought by L'Oreal!!!

oh man!

Super Contributor

Well that just stinks! I buy several of their products for my teen DD. I am so bummed.. Have there companies not figured out that cruelty-free is important to many if not most?!
Super Contributor

On 6/18/2014 karin334 said: Well that just stinks! I buy several of their products for my teen DD. I am so bummed.. Have there companies not figured out that cruelty-free is important to many if not most?!

We have to be sure to just really communicate that to them. If they get enough correspondence, emails or phone calls, they HAVE to pay attention. I'm guessing they just don't realize how many people DO care, because there are so many more who don't. I'm remiss myself in notifying some companies, I have to admit. The ones I HAVE emailed, though, never responded -- I don't think they care.

Honored Contributor

You may want to try posting your feelings on their social media outlets, this isn't a hot button issue for me but posting there may get their attention.

Frequent Contributor

this is really bad news :-( and aside from the cruelty-free issues, I know L'Oreal will ruin the NYX quality while increasing the price

........guess I'd better stock up now before any changes take place!

Super Contributor

On 6/18/2014 jackthebear said:

You may want to try posting your feelings on their social media outlets, this isn't a hot button issue for me but posting there may get their attention.

That's an excellent suggestion, and I keep forgetting about that. They can't hide your comments as easily as they can hide your emails. Well, they can, but one can just repost and others are bound to see it and spread the word.

Honored Contributor

On 6/18/2014 MarenSeattle said:
On 6/18/2014 karin334 said: Well that just stinks! I buy several of their products for my teen DD. I am so bummed.. Have there companies not figured out that cruelty-free is important to many if not most?!

We have to be sure to just really communicate that to them. If they get enough correspondence, emails or phone calls, they HAVE to pay attention. I'm guessing they just don't realize how many people DO care, because there are so many more who don't. I'm remiss myself in notifying some companies, I have to admit. The ones I HAVE emailed, though, never responded -- I don't think they care.

I agree, I don't think they really care. They will ONLY care if their sales decline, which they probably won't to any significant degree because although most people "care" about the issue, they often don't care enough to give up their favorite [insert favorite beauty products here]. That is just the unfortunate reality.

Super Contributor

Oh, I'm so bummed to hear this. I recently discovered NYX and really like the products I've tried. I'm not a fan of L'Oreal cosmetics and know they will change the products.

Super Contributor

I know! I can't believe it---THEY were cruelty free and L'oreal is not. Sheesh.