Honored Contributor

Re: NYX Slip Tease Lip Oil Disappointment

[ Edited ]

@monicakm I have never tried a Revlon product I actually like.  I don't even look at Revlon anymore.  That color is way too pink for my tastes.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess 

The only professional hair color product I ever tried turned my hair a blue-black instead of a dark brown Smiley Surprised  It took forEVER for it to fade enough that I could use my Feira Espresso or French Roast.  

Honored Contributor

@monicakm That's a common problem with any brand of hair color.  I always suggest going with a lighter shade than you thnk you need.  You can always go darker, but you can't lighten it.

My hairdresser owns a Redken school.  She talked me into going to the school to get my color done even though she had admitted to another person who admired my color that I "did a pretty good job" which I interpreted to mean that she could do better.  My first experience was great, and I got highlighs which I would never try on my own.  But, when I went back to get my roots done, thngs went downhill.  The girl who had originally done my hair was no longer there and they didn't have a record of the colors she used.  I ended up with way too dark hair and, of course had to wait for it to fade.  I gave it a second try and even my hairdresser showed up to help with the color pick and still it ended up way too dark.  That time I ended up buying a color remover and removed the color and went back to coloring my own.  

Honored Contributor

I've only ever used the Feria line of hair color.  I've had it done a few times at a salon.  It didn't wear any longer than what I could do at home, but, at the salon they added highlights.  I loved them but like you, I wouldn't attempt it myself.  I've been perfectly happy with the two shades I've used.  

I would have been so afraid my hair would have fallen out with all the coloring and color remover Smiley Surprised

Esteemed Contributor

I had one of those.  I didn't like how it dried down either.  Also, I stored it lying down in a drawer and it leaked.  It was a pretty color, but I didn't want to deal with it anymore, so I got rid of it.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@Icegoddess 

Sorry it didn't work out for you Smiley Sad  How are the other products you bought?

@monicakm I used the BH Cosmetics palette on Sunday.  It's a little understated, but even though I like to play up my eyes, I don't go really wild with the colors.  One comment is it seems like it doesn't have the staying power of other shadows I own.  

BH Cosmetics Eyeshadows.jpg

Honored Contributor

It seems like I complained about the BH palette not wearing as well as other palettes.  I need to  try it again in case I didn't wear an e/s primer or setting spray.  Which palette did  you get?  

Honored Contributor

@monicakm it's called Baked and Beautiful.  It is not on their website so may be a discontinued palette.  I didn't use primer or a setting spray, but I have never used a setting spray and often don't use an eyeshadow primer.

Honored Contributor

Darn Smiley Sad  I'm sorry.  Is this the one?  

BH Cosmetics Baked and Beautiful Eyeshadow Palette ( Baked and Beautiful)

Honored Contributor

Yes, that's it.  These days I don't need my makeup to last all day.  I just don't take it off when I get back home, so I notice when it doesn't last. I still like the palette.  It can also be used with a wet brush which probably gives more color payoff and might als be more long-lasting.