Honored Contributor

NYX Slip Tease Lip Oil Disappointment

I mentioned in another thread that I had ordered this product along with some hair color shades and an eyeshadow palette.  My order arrived today and I had to try out the lip oil.  It was a major disappointment.  The color I ordered appeared to be a Mauve shade, but it was really pink going on, but actually turned orangy on my lips as it dried.  And, the fact that it dried is the other problem.  That's not what I expect from a lip oil.  It should stay oily but not sticky like a lip gloss.  But this dried and then made my lips so dry I needed to put a lip balm on.  At least I didn't spend a lot on it.

A couple of years ago I picked up a lip oil at Ulta that was wonderful.  The shade was nice, but not a lot of color so I could wear it sans makeup and it didn't look weird.  I don't remember the brand, but I want to say it was Maybelline or a major brand name.  the only problem I had with it was that after several uses, I couldn't get the container open. It was a "glass" tube in a tube and for some reason it would spin, but the top would not come off.  My husband even tried and couldn't get it off.  I think the inner tube had the screw top and it must've broken loose for the outer tube and was just spinnng.

Honored Contributor

Re: NYX Slip Tease Lip Oil Disappointment

NYX is a major disappointment in my book.  I've received free samples of lipsticks or gloss in two of my sample boxes from Wamart.  Didn't like any of them at all.  The funny thing is  both Walmart and Walgreens have major displays for this line.   Looks like the buyers never sampled the products they are so bad.

Respected Contributor

One of my all time favorite lipsticks is by NYX...the extra creamy round in Indian Pink. Best pinky-peach I ever found (and now it will probably be discontinued). Not a big fan of their glosses and oils.

Respected Contributor

NYX butter gloss and mega shine lip glosses are some of my favorites. Oldies but really good 

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess - so sorry about your disappointment with the NYX lip oil.   I've had good luck with their glosses but won't try the oil if I see it.

Honored Contributor

I love the NYX butter glosses and I have an eyeshadow base from NYX I really like.  I've honestly not tried much else from them.

I used to do BoxyCharm and a couple months back I got a full-size lip oil from KAB Beauty which is Kim, Arianna and Brielle Bierman's line.  (I know)  It is my first lip oil ever.  It's a light blue in the tube but it goes on clear. I'm thinking the blue tint is to make teeth whiter?  Anyhow, I quite like it.  I'm surprised. 

Honored Contributor

I do have a Chapstick Lip Oil.  I can wear that sans makeup without it looking odd because there is very little color. The tube is actually pinker in color than the NYX one and comes out pink, but it blends in on my lips.  I picked up another one today that appears to be a berry color to see how that one comes out on my lips.

I'm always in the market for a lip color (stick, gloss, whatever as long as it's not matte) that is a nice mauve that I feel would look very natural on me, but it's not easy.  It seems nothing is ever actually the color shown.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess 

Sorry it didn't work out for you Smiley Sad  How are the other products you bought?

I've tried two drugstore products recently.  ELF primer and a navy eyeliner pencil.  Both were duds.  I've already mentioned what was wrong with the primer.  The eyeliner didn't last any time.  I just placed an order for a Sephora brand navy pencil for $13 vs Fenty's $22 pencil.  The Fenty pencil last ALL day and is even still on my eyes after using a makeup remover oil.  Can't find it on eBay so if I don't care for the Sephora pencil, it's back to Fenty and I'm done with drugstore (except for mascara for my lower lashes).  

Honored Contributor

I meant to try this Revlon lipstick but forgot (It wasn't on my list).  I used to like Revlon lip products.  It shows to have some shimmer in it.

Revlon Super Lustrous Glass Shine Lipstick, Moisturizing Lipstick with Aloe

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@monicakm I haven't tried the eyeshadow palette yet.  Hopefully, on Sunday.  Other than that I think it was just haircolor shades.  I mix shades so I'm always running out of one of them.  That's another pro of professional hair color.  You buy the shades and the developer separately, so mixing shades is no biggie.  Plus, I use a two different developers depending on if it's my roots or refreshing my ends.  

The Stri-Vectin lip plumping duo I ordered from HSN came today.  It's recommended 2X/day, so I'll start it tonight before I go to bed.