Frequent Contributor

ANYONE who may be epiletic use this device even though it is recommended by the manufacturing company of this device that people diagnosed with epilepsy should avoid this device. Thoughts, personal experiences, truth to the contraindication????? MJ

Honored Contributor

Re: NU Face CONTRAINDICATIONS

I wouldn't be willing to chance it if I had epilepsy.

Honored Contributor

@MILKI wrote:

ANYONE who may be epiletic use this device even though it is recommended by the manufacturing company of this device that people diagnosed with epilepsy should avoid this device. Thoughts, personal experiences, truth to the contraindication????? MJ

I can tell you this-I decided one day to use mine (not the mini) on my forehead  area trying to stimulate a little hair growth 'cause my hair is getting sparse there. Actually, my upper forehead but into the scalp in front if you can picture that. I ended up at the hospital next morning with severe vertigo. Pretty awful with the nausea and the spinning and the  whole bit. I'm pretty sure I did it to myself.

Esteemed Contributor

Mine would trigger migraines.  

Did they get clearance to use it on the throat area?  I would never advise people to use it there because of thyroid issues.  

I used mine for a year faithfully.  It did nothing, but give me headaches.

Has the vendor admitted to having any work done?  While she looks good, I doubt it is the result of NuFace.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

On the NuFace website, under their FAQ section, I found this:

"Can I use NuFACE if I have Epilepsy or Seizures?

The NuFACE Trinity Facial Trainer, NuFACE Mini and NuFACE Classic are contraindicated against and should not be used if you have epilepsy or seizures."

@MILKI 

Frequent Contributor

Thank you for responding!!! YES< I am aware of what the NuFace web site states , that ithe device is NOT suggested if you have EPILEPSY, BUT!!!! I am wondering if anyone with epilepsy has TRIED IT ANYWAY, and if so, did they encounter any difficulties?? My sister is epileptic , no seizures in over 30 years, well controlled on medication, she is a nurse, drives, jumps out of airplanes for "fun" and has never let he EPILEPSY stop her from whatever she wanted to do. Myself, also a nurse, cant understand why it is contraindicated , as epilepsy evolves from neurons firing erratically in the brain, but this lightly stimulates the muscles of the face, and nothing directly with the brain...... so, just wondering if anyone , inspite of their epilepsy that is controlled, has tried it anyway and how did the experience go?? Thank you!! MJ

Regular Contributor

Yes, I do remember her admitting to botox

Trusted Contributor

@Judaline Thank you for sharing your experience. I was tempted but that pretty much cured me. 😊
Trusted Contributor

@ tends2dogs Thank you for your comments on the nuface. Helped me get over the temptation. No headaches wanted here. 😋
Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

Mine would trigger migraines.  

Did they get clearance to use it on the throat area?  I would never advise people to use it there because of thyroid issues.  

I used mine for a year faithfully.  It did nothing, but give me headaches.

Has the vendor admitted to having any work done?  While she looks good, I doubt it is the result of NuFace.

@tends2dogs Shawn mentioned at midnight that it was cleared to use on the neck, but since I have thyroid issues, I wouldn't if'n I were to get it, which I won't.