Respected Contributor

Re: NOoooooooo............I dont see it

I finally succumbed to Dr. Dubrow's Consult Beaute Double Size Champagne Beaute Lift Body Creme a couple of weeks ago.   They showed results after three days.  Wow!!!   When I received it, I took pictures of various areas what needed a little help.  Two weeks later, no sign of improvement at all.  Fooled me.

Honored Contributor

One only need to look at the hosts who "use" these products but are aging before our eyes to know there is only so much these lotions can do. 

Respected Contributor

I sometimes think it's my eyesight as to why I'm not seeing a difference.  The host and vendor are are very excitingly telling me what a miracle it is.  Just like they are telling me how fabulous some of the clothing is, and as I'm staring at the models,  I'm sitting there thinking, NO WAY would I wear that!  Gotta laugh!

Esteemed Contributor

Gotta love those vendors who show "before" pictures of a model with a naked face versus "after" pictures showing this model fully made-up.  Of course, this is used to sell any kind of products - facial creams, etc.  Wow, what a dramatic difference in the "after" picture!  I guess these vendors truly think women are stupid.

Honored Contributor

@MomCat wrote:

I sometimes think it's my eyesight as to why I'm not seeing a difference.  The host and vendor are are very excitingly telling me what a miracle it is.  Just like they are telling me how fabulous some of the clothing is, and as I'm staring at the models,  I'm sitting there thinking, NO WAY would I wear that!  Gotta laugh!

Especially lori goldstein, the Logo lady. She really and truly looks like a clown. And when Amy is on there are two clowns. Just dreadful.

Honored Contributor

Yet there are women who believe the before and after photos.  Any photo can be touched up and women spend hundreds on these products.  The skin care industry and makeup industry all have to come up with new products.  Stick with the basics and you will be happy -- I know I am.  I can't buy the harsh ingredients in most of these anti-aging products as my skin turns red & I get a rash.  

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Hoovermom wrote:

I finally succumbed to Dr. Dubrow's Consult Beaute Double Size Champagne Beaute Lift Body Creme a couple of weeks ago.   They showed results after three days.  Wow!!!   When I received it, I took pictures of various areas what needed a little help.  Two weeks later, no sign of improvement at all.  Fooled me.

All products don't work for everyone or work the same such as in the photo of someone using it for only 3 days and getting those picture results but I can personally say that since starting to use this the before and after of my knees is remarkable.  While it didn't immediately show results, I liked the feel of the body creme so I kept using it and after about 9 months - WOW!   Also, a former co worker of mine who has really wrinkled skin did show great results after only using 3 days.   The biggest problem is that those who do try these products expect an instantaneous miracle and have no patience.  I had tried so many products for my knee wrinkles and none worked until I tried Consult Beaute Champagne Beaute Lift.   I also do recall them stating that results will be different for everyone and that comparison was sent in unsolicited by a woman in her 80's.  While there is nothing that will make anyone look 20 again, I want to look and feel my best and will try products that may or may not work and often find many that actually do work for me.  

Try them or not it's a personal choice but don't condemn products that you haven't given a chance to work or even haven't tried them.

Valued Contributor

I don't pay attention because they are either obvious fakes (retouched) or as said, unimpressive. My desires are lower now as I am older (+60), so I just want my skin soft with a more even tone (not blotchy).

Esteemed Contributor

Sometimes  i think NOoooooooo the after looks worse than the before. 

I'm grateful.  Saves me $$$$$$$

Trusted Contributor

@Mary Bailey wrote:

Sometimes  i think NOoooooooo the after looks worse than the before. 

I'm grateful.  Saves me $$$$$$$

I agree I find myself searching the after picture and sometimes, finding that it does look worse. LOL 

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning