Valued Contributor

Re: ~ NOTW ~ (Nail of the Week!)

On 5/4/2014 WhateverLolaWants said:
On 5/4/2014 2cockers1cat said:

Lola, you have such a good eye for proportion and scale. That pedicure is stunning. There is an illusive memory at the fringes of my mind. Maybe a Baz Luhrmann visual? I do agree with the lingerie reference. The mani is so pretty. Often, I feel white polish is too harsh. However, as a backdrop for your lovely free-hand art, it's very appealing and feminine.

Cynthia

Hi Cynthia, I'd agree on B.L. -- Moulin Rouge, maybe? I really like white polishes with my skin tone, and I have many, but I've never found a dupe for my all-time favorite, OPI "Pearls of Wisdom", a gorgeous pearly white with a tinge of silver shadow, which they discontinued at least 10 years ago. Smiley Sad

Thanks, and I'm glad you like both. Have a good week!

Looked for a "Pearls" swatch. I really like it's softness. An eBay seller has 2 bottles.

Super Contributor

On 5/4/2014 WhateverLolaWants said:

Lola, you have such a good eye for proportion and scale. That pedicure is stunning. There is an illusive memory at the fringes of my mind. Maybe a Baz Luhrmann visual? I do agree with the lingerie reference. The mani is so pretty. Often, I feel white polish is too harsh. However, as a backdrop for your lovely free-hand art, it's very appealing and feminine.

Cynthia

Hi Cynthia, I'd agree on B.L. -- Moulin Rouge, maybe? I really like white polishes with my skin tone, and I have many, but I've never found a dupe for my all-time favorite, OPI "Pearls of Wisdom", a gorgeous pearly white with a tinge of silver shadow, which they discontinued at least 10 years ago. Smiley Sad

Thanks, and I'm glad you like both. Have a good week!

Looked for a "Pearls" swatch. I really like it's softness. An eBay seller has 2 bottles.

Don't know why I never looked for it there -- thanks, Cyn, got one!

Lola
Valued Contributor

Yeah, for eBay!! This color needs a very special look.

Super Contributor

Hi Lola,

First reaction - manicure, tea party teacups, pedicure, rose quartz bangle bracelet. The pedi looks 3-D. I would definitely wear it on my fingernails with a black/pink outfit.

I used Avon's press on nail designs when I went to Alice Cooper's concert last year. Red background with a black lattice design. Looked like a spider web. I got a lot of compliments. My nails were shorter than I would have liked, but they didn't look bad. I wore a red/black pantsuit & when Alice came onstage, he was wearing red/black as well.

That's the closest I will come to designs on my fingernails- press ons lol. You do an amazing job Lola.

Have a great Sunday.

Super Contributor

hi lola,

Very pretty! The nails look very delicate and I love the toes! I miss having OPI in Sephora but I love that pink and if I can't find it in the drugstore I will order from Ulta next time I order anything.

I slapped on two coats of OPI Petal Faster Susie yesterday and called it a day.

Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

Yeah, for eBay!! This color needs a very special look.

Hope it's "like new", after all this time, it's a gamble. I once bought another of my favorite, long-discontinued whites, OPI "Casa Blanca" and what I got was nothing like what I knew it should have been. Some of those available on eBay looked gold -- might have been lighting? Will let you know.

Lola
Super Contributor

On 5/4/2014 patheticcosmetics said:

Hi Lola,

First reaction - manicure, tea party teacups, pedicure, rose quartz bangle bracelet. The pedi looks 3-D. I would definitely wear it on my fingernails with a black/pink outfit.

I used Avon's press on nail designs when I went to Alice Cooper's concert last year. Red background with a black lattice design. Looked like a spider web. I got a lot of compliments. My nails were shorter than I would have liked, but they didn't look bad. I wore a red/black pantsuit & when Alice came onstage, he was wearing red/black as well.

That's the closest I will come to designs on my fingernails- press ons lol. You do an amazing job Lola.

Have a great Sunday.

Hi patheticcosmetics, the stick-ons are a great way for quick and easy nail art! Just not so easy to remove as polish. When I went for a salon pedi with some of my stamped designs, the nail tech thought they were the press-ons and was dreading the removal. Had a hard time convincing him that it was polish and I'd done it myself and it wouldn't be a problem to remove. LOL.

An Alice Cooper fan, are you? Rock it out, gurrrl! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Lola
Super Contributor

On 5/4/2014 SilentDance said:

hi lola,

Very pretty! The nails look very delicate and I love the toes! I miss having OPI in Sephora but I love that pink and if I can't find it in the drugstore I will order from Ulta next time I order anything.

I slapped on two coats of OPI Petal Faster Susie yesterday and called it a day.

Smiley Happy

Hi SilentDance, I really enjoy hearing about what everyone's wearing on their nails! Petal Faster looks a lot like Pink-ing, but with a pearlized effect. Yeah, it's always an inconvenience when your favorite store stops carrying what you like. DH is always telling me to "shop local". Never fails, I get dressed (I feel one can't shop for beauty products without looking good, that's just me), drive to the store (or several), come home empty-handed and order online anyway! UPS man never tells me to shop local! LOL!

Lola
Super Contributor

Lola, I've been following your NOTW thread (which I love, btw) for only 3-4 weeks, but I have to say that how you did your nails this week is my favorite so far. I love the floral design.

I went to Ulta the other day and picked up a bottle of OPI polish called "Dining Al Frisco". I haven't painted my nails yet (been busy this weekend), but it's a cool looking blue color that will look nice on my nails.

Super Contributor

On 5/4/2014 littleblueparakeet said:

Lola, I've been following your NOTW thread (which I love, btw) for only 3-4 weeks, but I have to say that how you did your nails this week is my favorite so far. I love the floral design.

I went to Ulta the other day and picked up a bottle of OPI polish called "Dining Al Frisco". I haven't painted my nails yet (been busy this weekend), but it's a cool looking blue color that will look nice on my nails.

Thank you so much, littleblueparakeet! That is indeed a beautiful blue, and would look great on fingers as well as toes.

Since all of my NOTW posts thus far have been new mani's (well, I may have repeated one or two, with variations), I like some more than others myself. I'm glad this week's was your favorite so far. Stay tuned, and I'll keep trying to find one you like just as much.

Lola