Reply
Super Contributor
Posts: 1,019
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: ~ NOTW ~ (Nail of the Week!)

On 5/3/2014 gacat123 said:

PERFECT MANI for The Kentucky Derby and Mint Juleps! Love it! CAT

Hi Cat, I wasn't thinking ahead when I did this one, but for today, it turned out to be timely!

Hope you bet on the winner!

Lola
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,829
Registered: ‎03-18-2010

Re: ~ NOTW ~ (Nail of the Week!)

Lola, did you do these free hand?

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Super Contributor
Posts: 366
Registered: ‎02-22-2013

Re: ~ NOTW ~ (Nail of the Week!)

I'll be right over...is my appointment at 8:00?? LOL!!

I just love that sweet mani- one of the prettiest yet!!OK...seriously, did I read you correctly- you HAND PAINTED the pink roses?? AMAZING! You are one talented lady- I want you to do mine like that!!

But since you are fully booked (lol) I am sporting a gorgeous sparkly pink shade this week called "Garden Flamingo"" and am in the middle of my pedi (drying as I type) with the shade "Wild Strawberry"- both very cure pink shades.

It was a lovely day here in CT- mid 60's- light breeze- so nice.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, Lola!

Janie

Super Contributor
Posts: 1,019
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: ~ NOTW ~ (Nail of the Week!)

On 5/3/2014 Irshgrl31201 said:

Lola, did you do these free hand?

Hi Irshgrl, yes, by just painting "C" shapes.

http://oi59.tinypic.com/efpcsy.jpg

HTH!

Lola
Super Contributor
Posts: 1,019
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: ~ NOTW ~ (Nail of the Week!)

On 5/3/2014 SJanielovesJim said:

I'll be right over...is my appointment at 8:00?? LOL!!

I just love that sweet mani- one of the prettiest yet!!OK...seriously, did I read you correctly- you HAND PAINTED the pink roses?? AMAZING! You are one talented lady- I want you to do mine like that!!

But since you are fully booked (lol) I am sporting a gorgeous sparkly pink shade this week called "Garden Flamingo"" and am in the middle of my pedi (drying as I type) with the shade "Wild Strawberry"- both very cure pink shades.

It was a lovely day here in CT- mid 60's- light breeze- so nice.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, Lola!

Janie

Hi Janie, glad you're back! Did you read NOTW the week I told about doing a friend's nails? Somehow, doing hers took TWO HOURS!! (I did have to patch a nail first.) Thank goodness, she was thrilled with the results.

As I've said, I'm not proud of my hand-painting, but it's a pretty simple design -- see the illustration in post #13.

Your mani / pedi will look every bit as good as mine, I know.

Glad to head your Spring has sprung too. Enjoy!

Lola
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,829
Registered: ‎03-18-2010

Re: ~ NOTW ~ (Nail of the Week!)

On 5/3/2014 WhateverLolaWants said:
On 5/3/2014 Irshgrl31201 said:

Lola, did you do these free hand?

Hi Irshgrl, yes, by just painting "C" shapes.

http://oi59.tinypic.com/efpcsy.jpg

HTH!

Wow, this is so impressive and you are just so very talented. Painting even regular nails is difficult for me (LOL) but to do it so well on such a tiny canvas, well you one talented lady. I have never seen a NOTW that I didn't really like of yours.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Super Contributor
Posts: 414
Registered: ‎03-11-2010

Re: ~ NOTW ~ (Nail of the Week!)

Lola love both what size brush did you use for the roses?
Super Contributor
Posts: 414
Registered: ‎03-11-2010

Re: ~ NOTW ~ (Nail of the Week!)

On 5/3/2014 WhateverLolaWants said:
On 5/3/2014 SJanielovesJim said:

I'll be right over...is my appointment at 8:00?? LOL!!

I just love that sweet mani- one of the prettiest yet!!OK...seriously, did I read you correctly- you HAND PAINTED the pink roses?? AMAZING! You are one talented lady- I want you to do mine like that!!

But since you are fully booked (lol) I am sporting a gorgeous sparkly pink shade this week called "Garden Flamingo"" and am in the middle of my pedi (drying as I type) with the shade "Wild Strawberry"- both very cure pink shades.

It was a lovely day here in CT- mid 60's- light breeze- so nice.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, Lola!

Janie

Hi Janie, glad you're back! Did you read NOTW the week I told about doing a friend's nails? Somehow, doing hers took TWO HOURS!! (I did have to patch a nail first.) Thank goodness, she was thrilled with the results.

As I've said, I'm not proud of my hand-painting, but it's a pretty simple design -- see the illustration in post #13.

Your mani / pedi will look every bit as good as mine , I know.

Glad to head your Spring has sprung too. Enjoy!

Janie Just stopping by to wave "HI"
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,752
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: ~ NOTW ~ (Nail of the Week!)

Lola that pedi is too cute

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,550
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: ~ NOTW ~ (Nail of the Week!)

Lola, I am crazy about this Mani. It is so beautiful and I love the way the colors all compliment each other. The designs though different look perfect together. This is a definite winner. Your tootsies say Victoria Secret to me...very pretty.

We had a horrible week with tons of rain and flooding. It was 34 at night here on Wednesday and 40 during the day. Finally today it was sunny and 68!!!!