Regular Contributor

Re: ~ NOTW ~ (Nail of the Week!)

Wowzy..that is so cute! Love it!
Super Contributor

On 5/4/2014 beautybuster said: Wowzy..that is so cute! Love it!

Hi beautybuster, thank you and welcome to NOTW!

Lola
Super Contributor

Hi Lola I would like the 411 about how you buff your nail you said you don't dry buff could you walk me thru your process & products used thanks
Super Contributor

On 5/5/2014 txrose said: Hi Lola I would like the 411 about how you buff your nail you said you don't dry buff could you walk me thru your process & products used thanks

Hi txrose,

Did you see my reply to you last week? I tried to give you answers, so I'll just repeat that info.

I do buff my nails, after shaping and using cuticle remover. Many nail experts say buffing will keep polish from adhering well, but I obviously do not find that to be so, and I've seen nail bloggers who agree with me.

I use a Tropical Shine mini 4-way buffer (Sally's) with Solar Oil (CVS). This buffer is meant to be used with oil, not on a dry nail bed. I try to avoid sanding with anything more than the fine white surface, since I can not afford to reduce my nail thickness. I find the buffing gives a nice, smooth surface for polish application, preventing bubbling, and "lays down" any nail layers that may be recovering from or are starting to split, or were raised in the polish removal process, and puts an extra-smooth finish on the filed, top free-edge of the nail.

I'll add, there is another small buffer I sometimes use without oil, the OPI Brilliance buffer, which is just two sided, one for light sanding, the other for gloss buffing.

If there's something I'm missing in your question, please ask me further questions, but really, it's just this simple.

Lola
Super Contributor

On 5/5/2014 WhateverLolaWants said:
On 5/5/2014 txrose said: Hi Lola I would like the 411 about how you buff your nail you said you don't dry buff could you walk me thru your process & products used thanks

Hi txrose,

Did you see my reply to you last week? I tried to give you answers, so I'll just repeat that info.

I do buff my nails, after shaping and using cuticle remover. Many nail experts say buffing will keep polish from adhering well, but I obviously do not find that to be so, and I've seen nail bloggers who agree with me.

I use a Tropical Shine mini 4-way buffer (Sally's) with Solar Oil (CVS). This buffer is meant to be used with oil, not on a dry nail bed. I try to avoid sanding with anything more than the fine white surface, since I can not afford to reduce my nail thickness. I find the buffing gives a nice, smooth surface for polish application, preventing bubbling, and "lays down" any nail layers that may be recovering from or are starting to split, or were raised in the polish removal process, and puts an extra-smooth finish on the filed, top free-edge of the nail.

I'll add, there is another small buffer I sometimes use without oil, the OPI Brilliance buffer, which is just two sided, one for light sanding, the other for gloss buffing.

If there's something I'm missing in your question, please ask me further questions, but really, it's just this simple.

Thanks Lola it was the use of Solar Oil I have not ever used this product I have seen it but never paid much attention to it until you mention it. Now I'll give it a try.
Super Contributor

On 5/5/2014 txrose said:
On 5/5/2014 WhateverLolaWants said:

Hi txrose,

Thanks Lola it was the use of Solar Oil I have not ever used this product I have seen it but never paid much attention to it until you mention it. Now I'll give it a try.

Oh, then you're gonna love Solar Oil, txrose! In addition to using it for buffing during a mani, apply it to the cuticles and back of the nail tip, twice a day, and you'll love the results.

Lola
Super Contributor

Love your nails, I missed it last week. I love roses so I can say this is one of my favorites, I just bought 3 Knockout rose bushes but I bought red instead of pink, loved the pink roses and I had a hard time deciding which ones to buy, now I just need to buy some garden soul and get them planted. I have a beautiful pink antique climbing rose bush in the very back of my yard that smell delicious , just hard to get to and smell them , so these are going up in front of my patio , I doubt that these will smell as good though.
Super Contributor

On 5/10/2014 Angel1948 said: Love your nails, I missed it last week. I love roses so I can say this is one of my favorites, I just bought 3 Knockout rose bushes but I bought red instead of pink, loved the pink roses and I had a hard time deciding which ones to buy, now I just need to buy some garden soul and get them planted. I have a beautiful pink antique climbing rose bush in the very back of my yard that smell delicious , just hard to get to and smell them , so these are going up in front of my patio , I doubt that these will smell as good though.

Hi there, Angel! I missed you last week and hoped you were just busy. We'll probably confuse things, having two NOTW's active at once, but I'm glad you got to see the pink roses mani since I know you especially enjoy roses.

I have roses in my garden too, and pinks are my favorite, as well as one, "Polka" that has gorgeous peach roses, which "fade" as they open to a creamy, peachy white, with a heady fragrance. I'm always torn over cutting them or leaving them to enjoy on the bush. I do both.

Have fun getting your new roses planted!

Lola
Valued Contributor

Polka is my favorite climbing rose!!

Cyn

Super Contributor

On 5/10/2014 2cockers1cat said:

Polka is my favorite climbing rose!!

Cyn

Another thing we have in common, Cyn!

Lola