Super Contributor

Re: ~ NOTW ~ (Nail of the Week!)

On 5/3/2014 txrose said: Lola love both what size brush did you use for the roses?

Hi txrose, thanks! I used the brush end of the brush / dotting tool I already had from Sally's. Nikkih uses a brush in the size 20/0 and can be purchased at your local craft store. Since I knew the brush wouldn't make much difference in my results, I just went with what I already had.

Lola
Super Contributor

On 5/3/2014 betteb said:

Lola that pedi is too cuteSmile

Thank you, betteb, and welcome to NOTW!

Lola
Super Contributor

On 5/3/2014 DREAMON said:

Lola, I am crazy about this Mani. It is so beautiful and I love the way the colors all compliment each other. The designs though different look perfect together. This is a definite winner. Your tootsies say Victoria Secret to me...very pretty.

We had a horrible week with tons of rain and flooding. It was 34 at night here on Wednesday and 40 during the day. Finally today it was sunny and 68!!!!

DREAMON, I'm just waiting for the time when you tell me it's perfectly gorgeous weather and the reason you live at the shore! I'm sorry you've had such a prolonged run of bad weather, but it sounds like you're back on track today. We had a high of 81 today, which was quite nice, and we go down to 50 at night. No rain though. I wish!

Yes, I got a lingerie vibe from the pedi too. I thought both pinks look well together but not too matchy-matchy.

Take care and have a good week!

Lola
Super Contributor

On 5/3/2014 Irshgrl31201 said:
On 5/3/2014 WhateverLolaWants said:
On 5/3/2014 Irshgrl31201 said:

Lola, did you do these free hand?

Hi Irshgrl, yes, by just painting "C" shapes.

http://oi59.tinypic.com/efpcsy.jpg

HTH!

Wow, this is so impressive and you are just so very talented. Painting even regular nails is difficult for me (LOL) but to do it so well on such a tiny canvas, well you one talented lady. I have never seen a NOTW that I didn't really like of yours.

Well thank you so much, Irshgrl, I'm blushing! {#emotions_dlg.blush}

Lola
Honored Contributor

On 5/3/2014 Tique said:

Lola, I love this mani. Thanks for the thumb. The white and the flowers remind me of a warm summer day. I like the pedi but not sure if I would like it on your fingers.

Hi Tique, I put that thumb in there just for you! LOL. I've been seeing roses in bloom all over town, but we're farther north and higher elevation, so ours aren't out just yet.

I'm not sure I'll like the pedi on my fingers either, but I'll never know until I try it. The inspiration was a mani ...

Thank you Lola. I'm still trying to digest the fact that you did that pretty design free hand as previously stated on such a small canvas and on your own hands. I got brave and did some polka dots and even that was a stretch for me but then I was the girl who couldn't draw a straight line using a ruler.

Your cuticles look almost non-existent. Mine are still a little ragged.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Super Contributor

On 5/3/2014 Tique said:
On 5/3/2014 Tique said:

Lola, I love this mani. Thanks for the thumb. The white and the flowers remind me of a warm summer day. I like the pedi but not sure if I would like it on your fingers.

Hi Tique, I put that thumb in there just for you! LOL. I've been seeing roses in bloom all over town, but we're farther north and higher elevation, so ours aren't out just yet.

I'm not sure I'll like the pedi on my fingers either, but I'll never know until I try it. The inspiration was a mani ...

Thank you Lola. I'm still trying to digest the fact that you did that pretty design free hand as previously stated on such a small canvas and on your own hands. I got brave and did some polka dots and even that was a stretch for me but then I was the girl who couldn't draw a straight line using a ruler.

Your cuticles look almost non-existent. Mine are still a little ragged.

I'm glad you can appreciate that hand-painting is not easy to do on one's own nails -- I'm "semi-ambidextrous" and I still find it very hard to do! But then, I found polishing someone else's nails hard to do too (from the opposite direction). I don't really consider my nails a small canvas -- I've always despaired at how large my nails are, but relatively speaking I guess, yes, fingernails are a small canvas. IMO, stamping is the way to go -- easily repeatable results; but then there's not always a stamp to do what I want. YAY for you, trying some polka dot nail art!

Thank you for the cuticle compliment. This photo was taken immediately following the mani / pedi, so to my eye, there is more cuticle redness than I like (probably from polish remover, cuticle removal, nail brush scrubbing, and acetone clean-up), but I do think consistent care makes a difference. I have the occasional dry cuticle or hangnail too. Keep up the TLC and I'm sure you'll see results.

Lola
Valued Contributor

Lola, you have such a good eye for proportion and scale. That pedicure is stunning. There is an illusive memory at the fringes of my mind. Maybe a Baz Luhrmann visual? I do agree with the lingerie reference. The mani is so pretty. Often, I feel white polish is too harsh. However, as a backdrop for your lovely free-hand art, it's very appealing and feminine.

Cynthia

Honored Contributor

Lola, I love the femininity of your manicure. Many years ago I had of toile pink and white sundress that I adored. Your manicure brought back fun memories.

As for your pedicure; I have a tough enough time just polishing my own toenails let alone doing fancy designs. You've really outdone yourself with this pedicure.

I am truly impressed by your talent and your kindness.

Super Contributor

On 5/4/2014 2cockers1cat said:

Lola, you have such a good eye for proportion and scale. That pedicure is stunning. There is an illusive memory at the fringes of my mind. Maybe a Baz Luhrmann visual? I do agree with the lingerie reference. The mani is so pretty. Often, I feel white polish is too harsh. However, as a backdrop for your lovely free-hand art, it's very appealing and feminine.

Cynthia

Hi Cynthia, I'd agree on B.L. -- Moulin Rouge, maybe? I really like white polishes with my skin tone, and I have many, but I've never found a dupe for my all-time favorite, OPI "Pearls of Wisdom", a gorgeous pearly white with a tinge of silver shadow, which they discontinued at least 10 years ago. Smiley Sad

Thanks, and I'm glad you like both. Have a good week!

Lola
Super Contributor

On 5/4/2014 lulu2 said:

Lola, I love the femininity of your manicure. Many years ago I had of toile pink and white sundress that I adored. Your manicure brought back fun memories.

As for your pedicure; I have a tough enough time just polishing my own toenails let alone doing fancy designs. You've really outdone yourself with this pedicure.

I am truly impressed by your talent and your kindness.

Hi lulu, the pink roses evoked memories of childhood dresses (or Lanz of Salzburg nighties?) for me too! I figure folding myself up to do my own pedi has to be as good as a Yoga class! LOL.

You are very kind yourself, thank you!

Lola