Super Contributor

~ NOTW ~ (Nail of the Week!)

Hello Lovelies, and Happy Saturday!

I'm happy to report we have a lovely Spring day in progress and I hope you do as well!

This week, I revisited hand-painting, a nail art technique I freely admit is not my forté, but I give myself credit for at least trying. The results aren't my best work, but good enough to receive compliments and leave on all week.

I began with Nailtiques Formula 2 as a base coat,

OPI "Alpine Snow", 2 coats; Accent nail, China Glaze "Something Sweet", 2 coats,

Seche Vite top coat,

Painted roses in the opposite colors (I did use MoYou London Pro 04 plate to stamp the white roses), mixed up a green for the accent nail green leaves.

http://oi57.tinypic.com/30lmpn5.jpg

And, also a pedi I thought was kinda cute in a French-y sort of way ...

I began with OPI Ridge Filler base coat,

OPI "Pink-ing of You", 2 coats

Seche Vite top coat

Stamped with Messy Mansion MM06 and Wet 'n Wild "Black Créme" and

Taped off French tips and used Butter London "Cream Tea" for a soft, off-white look.

http://oi59.tinypic.com/15ywtw9.jpg

Thanks for looking and have a wonderful weekend!

Lola
Honored Contributor

Re: ~ NOTW ~ (Nail of the Week!)

I've been waiting for this day: Daytime temperature in the 80s, sunshine, no wind, nighttime temperature 50+. This means the bugs will be released tonight! {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

You need to put on a pair of white capris and a pair of sandals and get out and about today!

I'd like to see the toenail design on your fingernails. Striking!

If you discover aphids are attracted to those finger roses, let me know. I'll save a few ladybugs. (Or at least give them little maps to your place before they all lift off and flee my garden...)

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Super Contributor

On 5/3/2014 just bee said:

I've been waiting for this day: Daytime temperature in the 80s, sunshine, no wind, nighttime temperature 50+. This means the bugs will be released tonight! {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

You need to put on a pair of white capris and a pair of sandals and get out and about today!

If you discover aphids are attracted to those finger roses, let me know. I'll save a few ladybugs. (Or at least give them little maps to your place before they all lift off and flee my garden...)

Hi just bee, I did wear sandals to our favorite French restaurant last night -- nobody noticed, though Smiley Sad As you suggested, I'll give it another outing this afternoon. I do intend to reprise the pedi as a mani -- this was a "practice round".

I'm so happy for your Ladybugs -- Release From Fridge Day! I don't have a lot of aphids in my garden for whatever reason, and I've never seen a Ladybug here, but I hope they are happy to reside with the "one who brung 'em" and will stay at your house to do their good work.

Lola
Honored Contributor

On 5/3/2014 WhateverLolaWants said:

Hi just bee, I did wear sandals to our favorite French restaurant last night -- nobody noticed, though Smiley Sad As you suggested, I'll give it another outing this afternoon. I do intend to reprise the pedi as a mani -- this was a "practice round".

I'm so happy for your Ladybugs -- Release From Fridge Day! I don't have a lot of aphids in my garden for whatever reason, and I've never seen a Ladybug here, but I hope they are happy to reside with the "one who brung 'em" and will stay at your house to do their good work.

The irony. I had a lot more aphids before our "cold spell." Now that I have the "ladies" I'm afraid they won't have enough to eat. The best laid plans...

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Lola, I love this mani. Thanks for the thumb. The white and the flowers remind me of a warm summer day. I like the pedi but not sure if I would like it on your fingers.

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Respected Contributor

It reminds me of high end Agent Provocateur lingerie-very French and 'naughty/nice', very feminine. Perfect for open toed sandals and white eyelet lace skirts.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

On 5/3/2014 WhateverLolaWants said:

The irony. I had a lot more aphids before our "cold spell." Now that I have the "ladies" I'm afraid they won't have enough to eat. The best laid plans...

I can no longer recall the life cycle of an aphid from invertebrate zoology, but I'm just guessing there will be a new crop for the ladybugs to snack on, shortly!

Lola
Super Contributor

On 5/3/2014 Tique said:

Lola, I love this mani. Thanks for the thumb. The white and the flowers remind me of a warm summer day. I like the pedi but not sure if I would like it on your fingers.

Hi Tique, I put that thumb in there just for you! LOL. I've been seeing roses in bloom all over town, but we're farther north and higher elevation, so ours aren't out just yet.

I'm not sure I'll like the pedi on my fingers either, but I'll never know until I try it. The inspiration was a mani ...

Lola
Super Contributor

On 5/3/2014 maestra said:

It reminds me of high end Agent Provocateur lingerie-very French and 'naughty/nice', very feminine. Perfect for open toed sandals and white eyelet lace skirts.

Hi maestra, ooh la la, I like Agent Provocateur! For now, I'm wearing it with black -- got to look for my white eyelet skirt ...

Lola
Valued Contributor

PERFECT MANI for The Kentucky Derby and Mint Juleps! Love it! CAT