Super Contributor

Re: ~ NOTW ~ (Nail of The Week!)

On 6/22/2014 bunjetto said:

You are so not old!!! I see your hands!

LOL! I'm not going to argue about this with you! You only see my nails!

Lola
Honored Contributor

On 6/22/2014 WhateverLolaWants said:
On 6/22/2014 lulu2 said:

Hi Lola, I love this manicure for it's simplicity but it's also something I know I can achieve. My last manicure was with Sand Tropez and last week I did not have time for a color change. I was looking through my stash and came across butter LONDON's Brass Monkey. (sheer, copper opal fleck overcoat) I thought what the heck so I tried it over the Sand Tropez. I had to sort of dab it to get enough glitter, twice. I like the look as the glitter is subtle. The only drawback is, even with a topcoat, some pieces of glitter snag a bit. I have so many layers of polish, this one will probably just peel right off.<br />

Have a great week and I look forward to your next offering!<br />

Hi lulu, that sounds like a great combo of polish and glitter colors. For everyone's information, I neglected to mention in my OP that applying a glitter top coat requires a little extra effort to get even distribution of the glitter on the nail. I closed the bottle and re-shook every couple of nails and when I dipped the brush, I waited for the glitter to move down to the tip and then just laid it where I wanted it, if that makes sense. I noticed a few "snags" too, but they were easily brushed away. Let me know if your polish layers peel off! Glitter can be so hard to remove, that might actually be a "plus"!

Hi lola, I had a manicure this AM. (Zoya Kennedy) I peeled off my polish last night. It came off 8 nails in a sheet. The other 2 just would not cooperate.

Zoya Nail Polish ZP595 Kennedy Beige Nail Polish Cream Nail Polish

Respected Contributor

Lola: Beautiful as always.

Question: How do you get the glitter polish to evenly distribute the glitter when you apply it? I have several glitter polishes but it seems like they never cover my nail evenly. I do shake the bottle a lot, or rub them between my palms, but that doesn't seem to help.

Honored Contributor

On 6/23/2014 VCamp2748 said:

Question: How do you get the glitter polish to evenly distribute the glitter when you apply it? I have several glitter polishes but it seems like they never cover my nail evenly. I do shake the bottle a lot, or rub them between my palms, but that doesn't seem to help.

In my post right before yours, Lola mentions how she applies glitter.

Super Contributor

On 6/23/2014 lulu2 said:
On 6/22/2014 WhateverLolaWants said:
On 6/22/2014 lulu2 said:

Hi Lola, I love this manicure for it's simplicity but it's also something I know I can achieve. My last manicure was with Sand Tropez and last week I did not have time for a color change. I was looking through my stash and came across butter LONDON's Brass Monkey. (sheer, copper opal fleck overcoat) I thought what the heck so I tried it over the Sand Tropez. I had to sort of dab it to get enough glitter, twice. I like the look as the glitter is subtle. The only drawback is, even with a topcoat, some pieces of glitter snag a bit. I have so many layers of polish, this one will probably just peel right off.<br />

Have a great week and I look forward to your next offering!<br />

Hi lulu, that sounds like a great combo of polish and glitter colors. For everyone's information, I neglected to mention in my OP that applying a glitter top coat requires a little extra effort to get even distribution of the glitter on the nail. I closed the bottle and re-shook every couple of nails and when I dipped the brush, I waited for the glitter to move down to the tip and then just laid it where I wanted it, if that makes sense. I noticed a few "snags" too, but they were easily brushed away. Let me know if your polish layers peel off! Glitter can be so hard to remove, that might actually be a "plus"!

Hi lola, I had a manicure this AM. (Zoya Kennedy) I peeled off my polish last night. It came off 8 nails in a sheet. The other 2 just would not cooperate.

Zoya Nail Polish ZP595 Kennedy Beige Nail Polish Cream Nail Polish

Hi lulu, how's your Monday going? Pretty well if you started it with a fresh mani. That "Kennedy" is a beautiful warm nude shade! Oh please, don't tell me about it if/when you peel off polish! Even though it's fun to do, you can't help but peel off the top layer(s) of the nail and that's nail thickness that I at least, can't afford to lose. That's one reason I haven't done the Elmer's Glue as a peel-off base coat for glitter polishes. I did mention in another reply on this thread, I've ordered the new OPI Glitter Off base coat, and I'll be interested to see how that goes.

I have two shades of the new Zoya Pixie Dust glitter polishes on the way also -- gonna do a gorgeous pedi I saw in this month's Nail It! on pg. 100. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Lola
Super Contributor

On 6/23/2014 VCamp2748 said:

Hi VCamp, as lulu was helpful enough to point out, I did [belatedly] give some hints about getting even glitter distribution in another reply:

For everyone's information, I neglected to mention in my OP that applying a glitter top coat requires a little extra effort to get even distribution of the glitter on the nail. I closed the bottle and re-shook every couple of nails and when I dipped the brush, I waited for the glitter to move down to the tip and then just laid it where I wanted it, if that makes sense.

Hope that helps -- brushing to distribute doesn't work quite as well for me as "placing" the glitter. The polish should self-level pretty well.

Lola
Respected Contributor

Lola, & lulu - thanks & sorry I missed that you'd already explained it.