Contributor

Re: ~ NOTW ~ (Nail of The Week!)

Lola, Good Luck with your new hair stylist. You made me remember sitting in the Beauty Parlor waitng to get my hair done reading a magazine. WHEN i GOT TO MY turn in the chair of my stylist; I asked him who did the hair on the model in the picture. He told me Vidal Sassoon & HE HAD A Beauty Salon in London.The next day My DH & I left for London. I was on the phone making an appointment with Vidal Sassoon. But he had left for NYC to open a Beauty Salon.THEY WERE VERY NICE TO MAKE ME Vidal's first appointment when his Beauty Salon opened in Manhattan{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}.It's great to ask someone U like how their hair LQQKS. We were going to London even if I had not read that magazine.

Super Contributor

On 6/21/2014 txrose said: Hi Lola love the mani. Stepped out of my box today & sporting a new color from Deborah Lippmann's 80's retro color called "she's driving me crazy" a deep blueish green with white flowers & yellow centers on the ring fingers. Can't help with dinner we have that problem every night I think its an empty nest thing. Have a great weekend.

That's a very pretty deep teal color, txrose! Did you do your own flowers?

I realized only recently, coming up with meals is finally, actually "easy" for me after all these years, it's just not so interesting to me after all these years! We've always been just us two, so I'm used to adjusting recipes (or more often now, freezing the extra portions for easy dinners later). DH doesn't help much either, if I ask what he'd like for dinner, he says, "Oh, I don't know". ???

You have a great weekend too!

Lola
Super Contributor

On 6/21/2014 matchpoint said:

Lola, Good Luck with your new hair stylist. You made me remember sitting in the Beauty Parlor waitng to get my hair done reading a magazine. WHEN i GOT TO MY turn in the chair of my stylist; I asked him who did the hair on the model in the picture. He told me Vidal Sassoon & HE HAD A Beauty Salon in London.The next day My DH & I left for London. I was on the phone making an appointment with Vidal Sassoon. But he had left for NYC to open a Beauty Salon.THEY WERE VERY NICE TO MAKE ME Vidal's first appointment when his Beauty Salon opened in Manhattan{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}.It's great to ask someone U like how their hair LQQKS. We were going to London even if I had not read that magazine.

Thanks, matchpoint. I hope I don't like him too much, the salon's not convenient to where we live (close to the TV station where the newscaster works though). I still remember how much I loved the fragrance of the Vidal Sassoon shampoo ... I suppose you know, he died not too long ago. What a special memory that you were his first client in his NYC salon!

I wanted to see the stage production of "The Lion King" some years ago, and I saw it was coming to Tucson (I think it was) and I asked DH if I could get tickets. He said, "Oh, why don't we just go see it in London?" And so we did! Loved that! We had seen "Cats" too on the London stage in the 80's. LOVE London!!

Lola
Contributor

Lola, right before Vidal died he was interviewed. Vidal was asked if he still cut hair.Vidal aswered the only hair he cuts are his two dogs. I'm sure if U like the hair cut it will be worth the trip to the salon. There is nothing like a good hair-cut.I've always had a good stylist. Living in Manhattan I've had the same stylist for many years. I too;LUVED LONDON.But Manhattan is still my favorite city.

Super Contributor

On 6/21/2014 WhateverLolaWants said:
On 6/21/2014 txrose said: Hi Lola love the mani. Stepped out of my box today & sporting a new color from Deborah Lippmann's 80's retro color called "she's driving me crazy" a deep blueish green with white flowers & yellow centers on the ring fingers. Can't help with dinner we have that problem every night I think its an empty nest thing. Have a great weekend.

I realized only recently, coming up with meals is finally, actually "easy" for me after all these years, it's just not so interesting to me after all these years! We've always been just us two, so I'm used to adjusting recipes (or more often now, freezing the extra portions for easy dinners later). DH doesn't help much either, if I ask what he'd like for dinner, he says, "Oh, I don't know". ???

Yes I did my own flowers with the help of a dotting tool. I get the same response from my DH or I get "I don't know, what do you want".
Honored Contributor

Another winner! I would call this one ""Mica."" It reminds me of those rocks in the New Mexico desert that sparkle in the sun.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Hi Lola, I love this manicure for it's simplicity but it's also something I know I can achieve. My last manicure was with Sand Tropez and last week I did not have time for a color change. I was looking through my stash and came across butter LONDON's Brass Monkey. (sheer, copper opal fleck overcoat) I thought what the heck so I tried it over the Sand Tropez. I had to sort of dab it to get enough glitter, twice. I like the look as the glitter is subtle. The only drawback is, even with a topcoat, some pieces of glitter snag a bit. I have so many layers of polish, this one will probably just peel right off.

Have a great week and I look forward to your next offering!

Honored Contributor

Lola,

I also do this mani often. Sometimes I get it done in the Salon but most times I do it myself on my fingers and toes. I too get compliments every time I wear it.

I think my fav for my toes in the Summer is a pale blue or aqua base with silver or confetti sparkles on top. I never get bored with this one.

Super Contributor

On 6/21/2014 txrose said:
On 6/21/2014 WhateverLolaWants said:

Yes I did my own flowers with the help of a dotting tool. I get the same response from my DH or I get "I don't know, what do you want".

Yay, txrose, for making your mani special and doing it yourself!

Are all DHs cut from the same cloth?! We have the same "discussion" when we get in the car to go out to dinner -- "Where shall we go?" "I don't care, where do you want to go?" LOL!

Lola
Super Contributor

On 6/21/2014 matchpoint said:

Lola, right before Vidal died he was interviewed. Vidal was asked if he still cut hair.Vidal aswered the only hair he cuts are his two dogs. I'm sure if U like the hair cut it will be worth the trip to the salon. There is nothing like a good hair-cut.I've always had a good stylist. Living in Manhattan I've had the same stylist for many years. I too;LUVED LONDON.But Manhattan is still my favorite city.

I did go to a stylist who did another newscaster's hair and makeup everyday and my appt. usually followed hers. He spends one week a month in Palm Springs doing older celebrities' hair in their homes (you'd know their names), and I did like his hair cuts -- again, just not the distance of his salon from my house.

I cut my two dogs' hair too! How nice of Vidal to have that connection with his pets! May he RIP.

Well, who wouldn't enjoy living in Manhattan?! Every possible cultural, shopping, happenin', exciting opportunity is there! I've always enjoyed my visits to the Big Apple. Expensive though.

Lola