Super Contributor

Re: ~ NOTW ~ (Nail of The Week!)

On 5/25/2014 lulu2 said:

Lola, I love this manicure. I really do prefer dark polish (on me) and this is tastefully understated.

I had a pedicure with OPI Solitaire and after 2 days I had to take it off. My girl did 3 coats and it looked awful. She had a terrible time trying to get it to look "even". I know you said you liked it.

Hi lulu, I'm glad you liked this week's offering. I will say, I used my glitter polish removal "system" of using an individual acetone-soaked cotton inside a rubber finger protector to remove the black polish yesterday, and it was slightly less messy, but still a bear to get it all cleaned off the cuticles and from behind the nails. That, plus the daily chip repair (perhaps the fault of the polish more than the color), it may be awhile before I do black again!

Too bad about your "Solitaire" pedi. I would agree, I don't like it as well on my toes as my fingers -- can't really notice the sparkly texture as well that far away -- but I do love it on my fingers. The third coat seems to make everything perfect, in my experience. Oh well, sorry if I led you astray at the salon.

ETA: Did the nail tech know that you don't use base coat with the OPI sand polishes?

Lola