Honored Contributor

Re: ~ NOTW ~ (Nail of The Week!)

On 5/24/2014 WhateverLolaWants said:
On 5/24/2014 just bee said:

I like it! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Hi just bee, thanks. I half-expected you to come up with the name for this one ... LOL.

Better-half used to call me "Crow" because anything sparkly would capture my attention. This is black and glossy like our New Mexico crows and ravens -- and there's a feather with sparkle.

In keeping with a New Mexican theme, I see...

Caw! Caw!!!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Super Contributor

On 5/24/2014 annabellethecat said:

To the OP, you are wonderful! Thank you for always taking the time to post the pictures and to tell everyone how to achieve what you do.

Thank you. Incidentally, I have short nails that comes to the tip of my fingers. I don't polish them (kinda lazy), but I love looking at your artistry. You are a true artist!!

Hello annabellethecat, I'm glad to know you enjoy looking at my weekly nail art post. I wouldn't expect nail art or even routinely wearing polish would be everyone's cup of tea, but I would hope most anyone could appreciate, on some level, looking at it, and that's all I'm trying to do here.

Thank you for the compliment, and you can call me Lola. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Lola
Super Contributor

Hi just bee, thanks. I half-expected you to come up with the name for this one ... LOL.

Better-half used to call me "Crow" because anything sparkly would capture my attention. This is black and glossy like our New Mexico crows and ravens -- and there's a feather with sparkle.

Caw! Caw!!!

{#emotions_dlg.lol} Caw! Caw!!!, indeed, just bee! I, and several GF's also "like sparkly things", so maybe we're old crows!

It's thundering again at our house ... maybe more rain's a-comin' ...

Lola
Honored Contributor

Caw! Caw!!!

{#emotions_dlg.lol} Caw! Caw!!!, indeed, just bee! I, and several GF's also "like sparkly things", so maybe we're old crows!

I am definitely an old crow. And a "raven" lunatic! It's wonderfully gloomy here in the high desert today -- we must take full advantage!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Super Contributor

Wow!!! I LOVE this one Lola. Goes with my Queen of Darkness nickname my closest friends call me. Black is my favorite color.

So Maleficent looking. I'm seeing black & gold with this look. Oh, if only I had nails Lola {#emotions_dlg.tt1}. Cher would rock this look as well [my goddess].

Honored Contributor

Very pretty perfection......I do like the gold and black.

Sometimes in the middle of the Summer I get so tired of bright colors ..... I then wear navy, burgundy, and occasionally black with a little sparkle. I go from pale to bright to dark. I like to change it up. I know so many women that just wear one shade of polish. I would be bored to death.

Happy Memorial Day Weekend to all....God Bless all who have served our Country.

Super Contributor

Caw! Caw!!!

I am definitely an old crow. And a "raven" lunatic! It's wonderfully gloomy here in the high desert today -- we must take full advantage!

Yes, we did have another thunderstorm! I'm playing "Songs To Make Dogs Happy" (LOUD!) on my laptop, which really helps our older Yorkie get through his thunder phobia. DH is starting to complain about the simplistic lyrics, however. {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Lola
Super Contributor

On 5/24/2014 patheticcosmetics said:

Wow!!! I LOVE this one Lola. Goes with my Queen of Darkness nickname my closest friends call me. Black is my favorite color.

So Maleficent looking. I'm seeing black & gold with this look. Oh, if only I had nails Lola {#emotions_dlg.tt1}. Cher would rock this look as well [my goddess].

Oh, I hadn't even made the connection with "Maleficient" yet, patheticcosmetics! I'm so glad this one is your style, and you like it.

Another Cher fan, are you? We had to reschedule our last vacation so our house / pet sitter could go to Phoenix to see Cher in concert last month and she said she was as ab fab as ever.

Lola
Super Contributor

On 5/24/2014 DREAMON said:

Very pretty perfection......I do like the gold and black.

Sometimes in the middle of the Summer I get so tired of bright colors ..... I then wear navy, burgundy, and occasionally black with a little sparkle. I go from pale to bright to dark. I like to change it up. I know so many women that just wear one shade of polish. I would be bored to death.

Happy Memorial Day Weekend to all....God Bless all who have served our Country.

Hi there, DREAMON, I really like the patriotic image you found!

I agree, I just couldn't get excited about another summer bright this week, so I went to the dark side, but I considered the feathers to be shed from angels' wings and the tiny stars to bring it back into the light.

I hope you have a great weekend as well!

Lola
Valued Contributor

Lola,

This is a grown-up-girl, sophisticated look. I like it very much.

DH and I kept the 15 mo grandson this morning. No time for any of my usual diversions, like checking for your post. The cockers kept busy "herding" GS back to our gazebo when they felt he strayed too far from us.

My DH is a 22 year USAF veteran, now 19 yrs retired. This year, at 65, he had, by law, to stop airline flying. Now he's teaching at our local university, in the flying program. They have an airport on campus!!

My toes are OPI's Shimmery Chic, a sparkly taupey brown. My nails are a cream taupe brown, "A Little Cream, Please", from Gelish.