Honored Contributor

Re: ~ NOTW ~ (Nail of The Week!)

Love this...so Spring-y! Also love the shape of your nails, very pretty.

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

So pretty! This calls for a drink!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Lola, you truly out did yourself. This manicure is simply stunning.

Super Contributor

Welcome back, nikkimom, hope nothing bad happening has been keeping you away. Yep, I'm still here, new mani, every Saturday. A nail diva? Really? Oh, you'll turn my head! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

SilentDance, I thought it was my idea (getting inspiration from fabrics) until a friend told me they do contests on Facebook all the time. Oh well, I guess I'm in good company, and there's certainly no shortage of places to find inspiration.

Thanks, vaccinia; it's nice to see you again this week!

Hi snickster, I have tried doing the straight-across nail tip like so many of the nail art bloggers prefer, but that just doesn't work on my nails, so this is what I always seem to end up with. This mani did turn out looking like Spring without being pastel, didn't it?

just bee, that beautiful cobalt blue martini glass reminded me of the heavy blue glassware from Mexico I used to covet. I haven't seen any for years; wonder if they still make it?

Thank you, lulu, I'm glad you like it!

Lola
Super Contributor

Hi Lola,.

I have a question about MoYou UK site. When they sell out of plates do they restock? I noticed some of the plates I had on my list were gone. I did place a large order from the site because I did not want to miss out on the Suki collection. I also purchased the pro plate 07 and 05. 1 from the princess collection, 1 festive and 1 mother nature. I also purchased the rectangular stamper. I ordered the christmas one because I probably won't be ordering from there again due to shipping so I wanted to be sure I would get what I want.

I now have about 16 image plates.

I'm not sure if it was the base coat I used or the Julep polish but my nail tips look like they are peeling. I didn't have this problem before the mani I did. Any suggestions?

Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

On 3/9/2014 SilentDance said:

Hi Lola,.

I have a question about MoYou UK site. When they sell out of plates do they restock? I noticed some of the plates I had on my list were gone. I did place a large order from the site because I did not want to miss out on the Suki collection. I also purchased the pro plate 07 and 05. 1 from the princess collection, 1 festive and 1 mother nature. I also purchased the rectangular stamper. I ordered the christmas one because I probably won't be ordering from there again due to shipping so I wanted to be sure I would get what I want.

I'm not sure if it was the base coat I used or the Julep polish but my nail tips look like they are peeling. I didn't have this problem before the mani I did. Any suggestions?

Smiley Happy

Yessiree, I did push you down the nail stamping rabbit hole, didn't I, SilentDance? LOL. I knew you'd order from MoYou direct, sooner than later. They're very tempting, aren't they? Yes, they do restock. I've had to wait for a couple -- usually they come back within 3-4 weeks. I wish they would do an email notification of new stock, or would let you back-order, but they don't, so you just have to keep checking.

I didn't want to rain on your parade re: Julep, but really, their polish does not receive good reviews, so I doubt it's anything you did differently. Did I understand you correctly -- it's the polish that's peeling rather than your actual fingernail tip? I recommend Nailtiques ("perhaps" you've seen me write about it LOL) for peeling, problem nails, and I recommend applying a new coat of Nailtiques daily over any manicure, colored polish or just Nailtiques. This solved all peeling problems for me.

ETA: Wrap the tip! When you apply each coat to the nail (base, color, and top coat), hold the brush vertically, and swipe across the filed edge of the nail, then paint the nail bed as usual. For short nails, angle the brush back toward your hand to do this without painting your fingertip skin. This provides a wonderful cushion to the nail edge as well as a continuous-coverage-line of polish, and it looks more professional too! If you haven't been doing this, try it, I'm sure you'll find it extends the life of your mani.

HTH!

Lola
Super Contributor

On 3/9/2014 WhateverLolaWants said:

Hi Lola,.

Smiley Happy

Yessiree, I did push you down the nail stamping rabbit hole, didn't I, SilentDance? LOL. I knew you'd order from MoYou direct, sooner than later. They're very tempting, aren't they? Yes, they do restock. I've had to wait for a couple -- usually they come back within 3-4 weeks. I wish they would do an email notification of new stock, or would let you back-order, but they don't, so you just have to keep checking.

I didn't want to rain on your parade re: Julep, but really, their polish does not receive good reviews, so I doubt it's anything you did differently. Did I understand you correctly -- it's the polish that's peeling rather than your actual fingernail tip? I recommend Nailtiques ("perhaps" you've seen me write about it LOL) for peeling, problem nails, and I recommend applying a new coat of Nailtiques daily over any manicure, colored polish or just Nailtiques. This solved all peeling problems for me.

I think it comes out the same way, ordering from Amazon or ordering from site but I wanted that rectangle stamper so bad.

I thought maybe once it's gone, it's gone. I did have Suki 09 on my list and that was gone so maybe next time. It's all good. It was a good push!

No, it's my nail that is peeling, chipping or whatever it's called. A layer at the tip of my nail was peeling off. I had to buff it down. I will have to get Nailtiques... can it be purchased in the store, it sounds very familiar?

So far I have tried the Formula X cleanser and it brightened up the nail after removing polish and buffing. I just applied the base coat and so far so good. What I like about both so far that there is no strong scent that usually comes with base and top coats. I will be trying the Formula X white for my mani. I've decided to put bright fuschia dots inside the flowers instead of red. I'm not much or a "red" shade person and I thought the bright pink would be a nice accent shade to match my new pink lipsticks.

Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

On 3/9/2014 WhateverLolaWants said:

Hi Lola,.

Smiley Happy

I think it comes out the same way, ordering from Amazon or ordering from site but I wanted that rectangle stamper so bad.

I thought maybe once it's gone, it's gone. I did have Suki 09 on my list and that was gone so maybe next time. It's all good. It was a good push!

No, it's my nail that is peeling, chipping or whatever it's called. A layer at the tip of my nail was peeling off. I had to buff it down. I will have to get Nailtiques... can it be purchased in the store, it sounds very familiar?

So far I have tried the Formula X cleanser and it brightened up the nail after removing polish and buffing. I just applied the base coat and so far so good. What I like about both so far that there is no strong scent that usually comes with base and top coats. I will be trying the Formula X white for my mani. I've decided to put bright fuschia dots inside the flowers instead of red. I'm not much or a "red" shade person and I thought the bright pink would be a nice accent shade to match my new pink lipsticks.

Smiley Happy

I like the pink dotted flower centers idea a lot.

Nailtiques can be purchased here at CVS stores but they do not sell Nailtiques Formula Fix which you will need, and which will last long beyond your first bottle of Nailtiques Formula 2 (I recommend you get Formula 2, NOT Formula 2-Plus, for your problem). There are several formulas for different issues. HERE is what you're looking for; I didn't shop around for the best deal for you, but Formula 2 and Formula Fix are often sold together as a duo pack.

Lola
Frequent Contributor

Oh how pretty!!

Super Contributor

On 3/9/2014 RunnerMom said:

Oh how pretty!! {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Hi RunnerMom, and welcome to NOTW! Thanks, I'm glad you like it.

Lola